Ren'Py - Shattered Minds [v0.11] [eXtasy Games]

1. 4.00 star(s)

xanonxmousx

A very excellent 0.1! The models are hot. the sandbox is a little too grindy for me. It is a bit of a teaser but that’s cool, especially for such an early release. The story and writing is good - good English and few if any misspellings - and it’s pretty humorous. The plot is not completely original but it does have some uniqueness that makes it different than other mind control or incest plots. The open world concept is neat. Naming the mom Sofia by default made me chuckle. definitely worth playing.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

joeysalamander

Worth a playthrough and bookmark.

The game centers around a MC who awakens his powers of mind control. Gradually, he'll be able to build up his strength and corrupt LIs. How far you take this corruption will ultimately be up to the player, so expect variables ranging from loving relationships, total subservience, brainless LIs, etc.

One element I like is that the MC's power is linked to a female character in his mind. She is some sort of physical manifestation of the power, and encourages the MC to use his powers more to corrupt LIs. I appreciate having female characters that push the MC to go further and further.

In terms of plot and storyline, it is what it is, but it still does it well. If you like the tags in the listing, you'll likely be satisfied with the game. The plot is not particularly unique, but the above inclusion of the female accomplice make it stand out a bit more IMO. The models are well done and look nice. The game is sandbox, but the dev has pretty much done everything possible to make it easy to navigate (you can see where characters are, skip time, quickly go to maps, and so on).

What do I not like about the game so far? Only two things stand out right now: First, the game does not accurately reflect when some quests are finished in the current update. Some quests do reflect this, while others make it seem that you're supposed to be able to finish the quest in the current playthrough. This should be addressed in future updates. Just make it clear!

The other annoyance is the attitude of the MC's best friend. Writing a likable male friend in games like this is hard, so the dev has my sympathy. He's mainly a foil for the MC to discover his powers. Unfortunately, the friend character in this game is not really relatable, friendly, or enjoyable.

The dev has a very small base, so I would encourage people to follow him.