VN - Others - Completed - Shin Matai Toshi [v1.04] [RadicalBlackSmith]

1. 3.00 star(s)

ExcitedCharacter

This game is pretty decent. It can be hard to find games that have the content of this one, so finding little gems like this can be exhilarating. While it's incredibly rare to find a true diamond in the rough tailored specifically to everything you like, imperfect pearls can still be quite enjoyable.

The game's premise is more captivating than that of many H-games I've played. The player is immediately immersed into a dark world where a colossal demonic god threatens to bring about an apocalypse. The story follows the two girls shown in the cover picture as they attempt to save humanity by destroying the god from within. There's a constant lurking feeling of dread as the exorcists push forward, facing new challenges with every turn.

The art in this game is decent. While it isn't up to the masterful quality that can be found in some erotic drawings, it's certainly not bad. The main characters' anatomy is definitely disproportionate (as is often the case with 18+ drawings), but not everyone is a stickler for realistic proportions.

Unfortunately, this game does have some drawbacks. Nothing major, but just little irritants I found while going through it.

The audio was one that stuck out to me. The characters in the game have two types of voices: background and dialog. Dialog is what plays whenever the character intentionally speaks, while background voices are the vocalizations that play in the background during H-scenes. Now it may just be personal preference, but what sounds a bit like a squeaker toy in a blender isn't the most inviting noise. I also noticed one point where the background and dialog played at the same time, causing quite a cacophony.

Finally, I think that an autosave feature should be implemented. There are numerous routes to take in this game, all of which are final unless you load from a previous save. I hadn't realized the nature of these decisions, so I initially didn't save. This caused me to have to start a new game and recreate the decisions I had made up to the point where I was before. This is nothing major, being a minor inconvenience and feature request at most. However, to add insult to injury, hiding the text box during one scene caused the game to freeze. I couldn't figure out a way to bring back the text box or access any meny, and was forced to alt-f4 out of the game. I loaded my previous save, and had to skip back to the point in the text where I left off. A few lines later I accidentally hid the text box (since the key for that is spacebar, which I usually use to advance the text) and had to repeat the process.

This game is far from perfect, but if you're into the subject matter, then it's definitely worth checking out. The little annoyances drew me out of the experience some, but I was still able to enjoy it.