VN - Others - Completed - Shinji Ikari Raising Project [Final] [Gainax]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Juanmamola76

English.
    Amazing.
    Finally I have found a good Eva game.

The point that makes it stand out is what the rest of the eva games don't have, or rather fail to have; a good story. It's the story of the series, but with possible alternative scenes. They are mostly comical, but they work, because they are well written.
    And not only that. The overall tone is changed to fit in a coherent way.
    But it still adapts Eva's story, it takes it seriously even with its changes. Giving a complete experience.
    It´s not the series and many key scenes, original thought from a visual point of view, in the game are weak, but clear enough for the gaps to be filled in if you've seen the anime. There are some moments (fights) with some specific 3d animations that are appreciated.

I laughed and I was moved. The characters are not badly treated, just the tone, (caused by other decisions within the narrative) feels less heavy. I would even say it has some very interesting scenes. My favourite, one of the first scenes, where we see Misato and Ritsuko talking just before the start of the series about going to pick up Shinji by car. It's not something that needed justification but it gives a reason why Misato being important in Nerv goes to pick up Shinji.
    It's those little things, the extra scenes don't feel out of place, in fact; they feel completely natural within the logic and flow of the narrative.
    Then, the alternate world route is superb. Extra material from eva always tries to create something with this world, this game the best by far. Shinji writing a book with the history of Evangelion for example...
    It has some things to complain about, mostly related to hidden stats and lack of clarity. And not having a skip button only for not seen scenes makes replayability in search of cgs complicated.
    But.
    It's a very good experience.
    And as Misato would say...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyYAEVj4Rnk

(Review translated with DeepL)
    Original en español. (Originalmente en hilo de twitter)
    Increíble.
    Por fin he encontrado un buen juego de Eva.

El punto que lo destaca es lo que el resto de juegos de eva no tienen, o más bien fallan; una buena historia. Es la historiad de la serie, pero con posibles escenas alternativas. Son mayormente cómicas, pero funcionan, pues están bien escritas.
    Y ya no solo eso. El tono general es cambiado para que entren de manera coherente.
    Pero aún así sigue adaptando la historia de Eva, se la toma enserio incluso con sus cambios. Dando una experiencia completa.
    No es que sea la serie y muchas escenas clave, pensadas desde un punto visual, en el juego son débiles, pero lo suficientes claras para que los huecos sean rellenados si has visto el anime. Hay algunos momentos (combates) con ciertas animaciones 3d específicas que se agradecen.

Me he reído y me he emocionado. Los personajes no son mal tratados, simplemente el tono, (causado por otras decisiones dentro de la narración) se siente menos pesado. Incluso diría que tiene escenas muy interesantes. Mi favorito, una de las primeras escenas, donde vemos a Misato y Ritsuko hablar justo antes del inicio de la serie sobre ir a recoger a Shinji en coche. No es algo que necesitase justificación pero da una razón de porque Misato siendo importante en Nerv va a recoger a Shinji.
    Son esas pequeñas cosas, las escenas extras no se notan fuera de lugar, es más; se notan completamente naturales dentro de la lógica y flujo narrativo.
    Luego, la ruta del mundo alternativo es magnífica. Material extra de eva siempre intenta crear algo con este mundo, este juego el mejor con diferencia. Shinji escribiendo un libro con la historia de Evangelion por ejemplo...
    Tiene ciertas cosas que suscitan queja, mayormente relacionadas con stats ocultas y poca claridad. Y no tener un botón de saltar solo escenas vistas hace que la rejugabilidad en busca de los cgs sea complicada.
    Pero.
    Es una muy buena experiencia.
    Y como diría Misato...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyYAEVj4Rnk