[R> Other] Short visual novel hobby project, jam style

gan443aap

Feb 14, 2023
Hello everyone,

I have been playing AVN's for some time now and have a creative itch to scratch regarding making one. Now, making a visual novel is no easy feat, thus I am interested in gathering a small team to try to tackle that itch. Plus, working with others on a project was always fun for me, so I am throwing my thread out there, please read more information below.

Project:
- VN jam. We'll come up with an idea once the team is assembled. I estimate the game length through the "main path" to be no longer than 3 or 4 hours total, with maximum two more developers. The game will have additional features over the typical click through kinetic novel with sparse choices, but nothing too fancy. That is to be decided with the team.

Developer:
- First timer, interested in programming, writing, and project direction. Happy to learn and contribute in other areas as well.

Looking for:
- people who want to learn and who are generally speaking, capable with enough motivation. Specific skills needed for the project cover art, sound, and potentially more writing/programming, but I am open to your suggestions if you think that you have skills that could prove useful, like for example voice acting or animation.

Employment Type:
- This is a hobby project to try to go through the process of making a (A)VN from start to finish, unless you are really interested in learning and potentially working on a slightly more complex project in the future, this project is not for you

Work commitment:
- There are no set hours, I will request certain amount of effort per week to be put in so that the project moves forward as we will agree on, but this is not a job, so you can expect high amount of flexibility and understanding from my end.

Preferred method of contact:
- Email, during project itself Discord

Job Description:
- As mentioned, I am looking for skilled people (not necessarily with anything VN related), who think they are capable of putting in the work to learn and produce something.

Additional comments:
- I have a lot of experience with programming, project management, and team leadership, so I will most likely cover areas related to those. I am an avid fantasy book reader as well so I want to try my hand at writing. I am a mature person looking for mature people for this project (this doesn't mean you have to be older). This VN jam will most likely be a Ren'Py + Daz3d/Blender/2D/whatever, but that is also up for discussion, depending on your skills and interests.

If you think that this is something you might be interested in and want to learn more, send an email to vnjam2023@gmail.com with information about your skillset, areas of interest, ideas, and anything else you wish to include. And your Discord information of course.

Thanks,
SM