Daz Shortcut/Hotkey to Hide items including Sub items?

IXL

Jul 28, 2017
Hi,

Please forgive me if this has been already asked, but couldnt find what I was after.

Is there a quick way to hide items in Daz, within the scene tab, so that it hides the selected item and sub items?

I can manually do it, but I cannot seem to find a way to do it based on a selection or a way to include ALL items in the parent and child item to be hidden, if I just select the main item?

I have to go into each item, expand and then hide it by clicking onto the eye icon.

Just think im missing something to speed up this process?

1695365976799.png

IXL

Jul 28, 2017
ctrl+click
That works on a one for one basis, thanks, but it doesnt work based on a selection of several items.

So for example, I have selected say 5 items in the scene, I can press CTRL and LEFT CLICK to hide each item and its sub items (great) but I really am after a single click solution to hide all that are selected in my array for the main and sub items?

Hope this helps explain it better?

So here in this example below, I have 5 items, that I have selected, I want a single click to hide them in one go.

1695380716308.png

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
That works on a one for one basis, thanks, but it doesnt work based on a selection of several items.

So for example, I have selected say 5 items in the scene, I can press CTRL and LEFT CLICK to hide each item and its sub items (great) but I really am after a single click solution to hide all that are selected in my array for the main and sub items?

Hope this helps explain it better?

So here in this example below, I have 5 items, that I have selected, I want a single click to hide them in one go.

View attachment 2947874
Then you're probably SOL. One at a time is really the only way to go.

Sans something like maybe scripting, which I have zero knowledge in.

IXL

Jul 28, 2017
Then you're probably SOL. One at a time is really the only way to go.

Sans something like maybe scripting, which I have zero knowledge in.
Thanks for the input anyway. :)

I'll add it onto the Daz3d "Nice to Have" development list lol

Sort of thing that I would of thought would be obvious... hey ho..

:)

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
In many cases you can group items together to hide them at once. I have no idea if it works for your particular case or if it will lead to weirdness in some way. (I usually need to hide some scenery or a whole character.)