Should I just develop the game I want? (Update: Official Start) (Open to Suggestions!)

Is this a good idea or am I throwing money away into the void? XD

• Do it

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • Don't be delusional

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

rockleewinsall

Mar 27, 2024
Update: Finished the 2nd official character, Charlotte Wilson

Charlotte Wilson (Rare).jpg

Update: Happy to announce I have officially made the first steps to create a game that we can all enjoy. The official name of this collectable nsfw card game will be called "Aphrodite Arcana". I am also happy to announce I have made the final draft the first official collectable character so, let me introduce you to "Amelia Taylor". IYKYK, the inspirations with this character. This is only the common card that will be in the pack and as the rarity increases, the lewdness and nfsw aspect will grow. This art style (western comic) will be one of many styles I will add to the cards because I know people here love variety of different styles.

Amelia Taylor (Common).jpg

Amelia Taylor (Common).jpg

Hello everyone, I asked if a baseball collectable card type game that includes hentai exists but no one replied so, I did my own research and it seems there are a few but the art is either not up to my standards or it is a digital card which I don't want. So I just had a thought, should I just develop it myself? I am pretty versatile in different forms of art such as western comic, hentai, realistic, etc. But I am very picky with quality of art. I got time to throw away and just thought it would be something cool to share on this platform with like minded others. If anyone wants me to share progress or want to be updated I will happily do so. I am also happy with advice and suggestions in which what you guys want so if i do develop it I can just add it for you and share with the community!

Last edited:

opotomus

Feb 4, 2018
of course we will all say that you should go for it! but really it just depends on you and your life. from what you write though it sounds like you want to do it and have the time and ability so why not? rarely is creating art of any kind a waste of time

Reactions: rockleewinsall

Kamishirov

Sep 22, 2023
You could do a hentai Super Top Trumps or something...

Trade.jpg

You could even acquire some of Belle Delphine's (or whomever's) panties, cut them up into tiny little squares and have them like those Topps special Baseball jersey cards.

Super Top Trumps: Joshi Kousei :sneaky:

rockleewinsall

Mar 27, 2024
of course we will all say that you should go for it! but really it just depends on you and your life. from what you write though it sounds like you want to do it and have the time and ability so why not? rarely is creating art of any kind a waste of time
Thank you for the moral support :D. I also wanted to post so that people can contribute ideas and I can make into something everyone can enjoy. For example, if someone liked a certain art style then I can add that style to the cards and mix them up for a pack opening!

rockleewinsall

Mar 27, 2024
You could do a hentai Super Top Trumps or something...

View attachment 3487546

You could even acquire some of Belle Delphine's (or whomever's) panties, cut them up into tiny little squares and have them like those Topps special Baseball jersey cards.

Super Top Trumps: Joshi Kousei :sneaky:
I was thinking more of like collectable cards style of (dc comic, baseball, etc) rather than a game. My initial idea was having a character and as the rarity progresses her lewd and nsfw art would increase. I only played yu gi oh little bit when I was young so I'm not confident in developing a full on game XD. What I am confident in is creating high quality art either by hand or ai skills. But if the people of f95zone want a game then I will provide them with what they want :sneaky:

Johnny1035

Jul 4, 2017
I'm confused, are you making a game about collecting cards, or is this a physical product you're wanting to develop and sell? Or is it some NFT thing with virtual trading cards?

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
My advice to you is "go for small". Aim for a very small project you can start and finish, nothing kills long run motivation (and players' trust) than an unfinished project. After your first small project, start a bigger one and make it your aim to finish it. Then you'll know how to proceed.

Good luck!

rockleewinsall

Mar 27, 2024
I'm confused, are you making a game about collecting cards, or is this a physical product you're wanting to develop and sell? Or is it some NFT thing with virtual trading cards?
This is a physical card game that I am developing. It will kind of be like baseball cards. I miss the card opening's, the fresh card smell, holding the actual cards, so I thought "why not make them myself"? Mainly, I don't want to develop this out of my own wants but include others wants as well. For example, there might be some art styles or type of hentai genre I don't usually like but if others want them be to included in the pack I will gladly take suggestions to add the genre and characters to the packs.

rockleewinsall

Mar 27, 2024
My advice to you is "go for small". Aim for a very small project you can start and finish, nothing kills long run motivation (and players' trust) than an unfinished project. After your first small project, start a bigger one and make it your aim to finish it. Then you'll know how to proceed.

Good luck!
Thank you for your advice! It does give me a lot of motivation and insight from hearing it from someone with a lot of experience in the field. This is my first time making a "hentai" game so it means a lot. So far I am in contact with a couple card manufacturers, but will be ordering samples from them first considering I don't want to build the hype without delivering good quality. I stayed up all night making the basic outline and plan for this to work as smoothly as it can, but of course, still nervous :whistle:. Even a couple of comments that I have received makes me motivated to deliver the best that I can and not disappoint this kind community!

JuiceBox12

Dec 17, 2018
I feel like a digital card game like this would be much more profitable than a physical one. Deck builders are kinda taking off now and I see a space for a NSFW one which is yet to be occupied.

rockleewinsall

Mar 27, 2024
I feel like a digital card game like this would be much more profitable than a physical one. Deck builders are kinda taking off now and I see a space for a NSFW one which is yet to be occupied.
I had that thought too but as for now for me it isn't about profit but more of making something we can all enjoy for cheap. Some people might not have computers or androids or etc. But I do have the intention of making a digital version where the physical cards and digital can compliment each other. For a digital game I have the basic vision already. Considering I have ZERO experience in developing apps and digital games, I'd definitely have to hire someone to do that. I did have a couple of high end developers give me an estimate for such apps and they said it would cost around at least $50,000 - $150,000 or more, that is up to my standards. Thank you for your comment !!

rockleewinsall

Mar 27, 2024
Update: I have made a lot more models but I want to show you guys a sneak peak about the difference between common, uncommon, and a rare (in order), there are more levels so it is a mystery box of lewdness ;). So far, found a card manufacturer which produces the image quality up to my standards and we already have come to terms so they are ready for print whenever I finish the model designs. Done with website but waiting for completion of all models, everything is in order except finishing all the models which will be done in about a month.

Extra: There are a lot more details but I want you lovely people to find out for yourselves XD.

Genres: corruption, bondage, dark skin, creampie, anal, etc.

Let me know if you want a specific genre so I can add it to one of the models ;).

Also, there will be more detailed information about the cards on the finished website. There will also be a prize that I will give you for free if you collect a full set of a model where it is completely custom and you can't get it anywhere else.

Thank you