Should I keep the old version of a game while installing the latest version?

Cocktail N70

Oct 10, 2021
Im planning to download the latest version of the Awakening. Should I keep the older version that im caught up with while downloading the latest? And can I start off from where i left off?

I really dont know the process because up until now i only played completed games.

ScaryFairy

Jun 6, 2021
If you are using android then usually you won't be able to install the latest version and it would show app not installed until you uninstall the existing version. For pc you can delete the game just keep the save files for safety. Android usually saves data in the android/data folder.

Reactions: Cocktail N70

Cocktail N70

Oct 10, 2021
If you are using android then usually you won't be able to install the latest version and it would show app not installed until you uninstall the existing version. For pc you can delete the game just keep the save files for safety. Android usually saves data in the android/data folder.
so i just need to uninstall the older ver and install the new one. And will android save those data automatically?

ScaryFairy

Jun 6, 2021
so i just need to uninstall the older ver and install the new one. And will android save those data automatically?
NO. You have to keep the save files too. Go to android/data/com.gamename.program or something with along(lke .the66 or .the last name of game) the game name and then to files. You will see a saves files which you have to keep and replace. If you have a SD card then check there also. Sometimes it save data in Renpy folder instead of the .com.... I don't if it's something to do with different versions or something else.

Reactions: Cocktail N70

Cocktail N70

Oct 10, 2021
NO. You have to keep the save files too. Go to android/data/com.gamename.program or something with along(lke .the66 or .the last name of game) the game name and then to files. You will see a saves files which you have to keep and replace. If you have a SD card then check there also. Sometimes it save data in Renpy folder instead of the .com.... I don't if it's something to do with different versions or something else.
thank you. And should i just copy those files and keep them in another folder before uninstalling the game?

ScaryFairy

Jun 6, 2021
thank you. And should i just copy those files and keep them in another folder before uninstalling the game?
If the android version you're downloading has a second persistent save location like windows(the66 and some other porters do that) then you don't need to but if it doesn't have it then copy those files and paste it in a folder uninstall the game and replace it when you 've installed the updated version. Sometimes saves don't work but that's something to do with the change in renpy code in newer version and you can't to do anything in that regard.