Should there be a megathread for japanese only games?

zoneitorboneit

Apr 30, 2018
I found this neat game where it's a tiny 2D person that one must look after. I get that 99% of everyone here doesn't speak the language but there are many games where it's possible to fiddle around and figure out everything without even having to translate it.
So it would be neat to see a thread with unique games like this. I'm sure most people here know that if you want to get something you like, you can likely find it on sukebei.nyaa

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
I'm sure most people here know that if you want to get something you like, you can likely find it on sukebei.nyaa
Also you can usually find a direct download for untranslated games (Little Life is there) on , older games may have dead links though.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
A Lot of games are playable despite the language. If you're familiar with renpy you know how to turn the page of a visual novel.
I'd even go so far as to say, some games are more enjoyable, if you make up your own dialog as you go along, rather than reading the original drivel.

More exposure for games = more opportunity for someone to translate them = getting English translations sooner.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Back

zoneitorboneit

Apr 30, 2018
Also you can usually find a direct download for untranslated games (Little Life is there) on , older games may have dead links though.
Well I usually find them on here first but I dislike using their mexashare and other file sharing sites since there is a waiting period and all of the other restrictions of them being free. If you check sukebei, you'll see that generally it's the same people uploading to that site as they are to anime sharing. Like Velka and girlcelly

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
...first but I dislike using their mexashare and other file sharing sites since there is a waiting period and all of the other restrictions of them being free.
I agree mostly, but not everyone will use torrents.