Should we have 2 different NTR tags?

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
From what I can tell there are 2 types of NTR. In the first one(that people often hate) you can watch your partner have sex with other people and in the second you play as a girl that cheats on her bf with a lot of people. Should there be 2 different tags for this genre, because not only will threads get less NTR related questions and it will find looking for a kink easier? I personally love games where you play as a girl and you get corrupted by many different people and would like to find them more easily.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
From what I can tell there are 2 types of NTR. In the first one(that people often hate) you can watch your partner have sex with other people and in the second you play as a girl that cheats on her bf with a lot of people. Should there be 2 different tags for this genre, because not only will threads get less NTR related questions and it will find looking for a kink easier? I personally love games where you play as a girl and you get corrupted by many different people and would like to find them more easily.
https://f95zone.to/threads/rename-ntr-to-netorare.125667/

Reactions: 167 and tarzan999

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
I don't know why so many cheating female protagonist games get this tag in the first place. According to this website's definition, it only applies when the MC is the one being cheated on. Female Protagonist + Cheating tags are enough for you to find what you're looking for. On the other hand, a "netori" tag is badly needed because there's no easy way to search for that.

Reactions: tarzan999

HeathenFilth

Jan 10, 2022
I mean.. if you wanna get technical there is more than two types of NTR. It should really only be used when there is a definite effort on the part of the antagonist to steal the MC's love interest away, but usually I see it used here for any instance of infidelity regardless of who is being affected or how.

Here are the basic NTR subgroups that I've come to know:
[Netorare - type A]: where the MC's partner intentionally cheats on the MC and is a willing participant in the sex from the start.
[Netorare - type B]: where the MC's partner doesn't want to cheat on the MC, but their mind is changed from the pleasure of sex (usually the partner is raped in this scenario).
[Netorare - type C]: where the MC's partner at no point wants to cheat on the MC and is unwilling throughout the sexual encounter (almost always rape).

All of these can done with either a boyfriend or a girlfriend. As long as it is about making the MC/Player jealous of someone trying to steal their love interest the definition fits. They all generally suck heavy balls and I wish I could fine-tune my searches to filter them out.

Then you also have:
Netori: where the MC tries to steal away a love interest from someone else, usually through coercion or rape. It isn't netori if they are having an affair without the partner knowing.
Netorase: generally loosely defined as sharing or cuckoldry. It is not swinging! The MC is willing to see their partner with another person either because a) they get something out of it (like money, or arousal), or b) because they trust the person their partner is having sex with.

All the Neto- words (apart from netorase) have in common that the the person risking losing their partner knows that this is happening, so it can't be used if no one ever finds out. There needs to be a jealousy aspect involved.

Anything other than this should just have the [cheating]/[infidelity] tag which is not about humiliating/traumatising someone, or the [swinging] tag where both parties have sex outside of the relationship (if only one does it it isn't swinging, then it's closer to harem or netorase).

Thanks for coming to my TEDtalk.