Sim game using Godot engine

Alexander Krisnov

The Dead Commisar
Uploader
Sep 14, 2016
So, i was looking into some game engines for a project i have been thinking of and found godot .. now i have been also playing a QSP games Girllife and i was thinking now that most of the devs arent working on the QSP engine anymore there are still some like i mentioned Girllife and a russian dev group thats making a succesor to it i was thinking is it possible to make sim games like the ones on qsp using Godot as the base ?

Alexander Krisnov

The Dead Commisar
Uploader
Sep 14, 2016
the reason why i want to make it on godot instead of QSP
1. The QSP engine itself is old .. there are some people who i think are still maintaning or adding features to it like MP4 video playback but i think the main engine is something that is lacking in a few features which i belive Godot can do since its open source but with a lot of support
2.The language is kind of not working for me , i tried it but i got a bit confused on what does what Godot on the other hand has multiple language support + the GDscript is easy to learn or so i have been told

gongo_g

Jan 24, 2019
I absolutely agree that Godot is much better solution than QSP for a quest game style.
QSP is a very simple engine but rather very limited.

In fact i'm fairly certain that there are already various open sourced solutions for Godot.
The game structure could be easily stored in a Json file for easy access and editing.

Godot could offer so much more, from a pure VN to implementing 2D or 3D elements.
Additionally there is the advantage of portability to many platforms.