• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tutorial Simple guide to translating on your own - Game: Mama wa Taimanin

SpikeSpiegeru

Aug 7, 2019
For those who can't stand waiting and want their own translation:

The dialogues (probably all of the scenes) are in the file "root.pfs.002", which is 1.63mb, which can be extracted using the "GarBro" app.

Follow the steps below:
1 - Extract all the contents of "root.pfs.002" (which are the "scenario" and "system" directories) to a folder you create.
(The dialogue files are ".txt", and are inside the "scenario / 00_com" directory)
2 - Translate the texts you want to see in the game, but only the ones that are written in the dialogues.
3 - After finishing, copy and paste the "scenario" and "system" folders into the game folder.
4 - Delete the file "root.pfs.002", as the two directories that were copied to the game folder will replace it.
(Of course, before that, make a backup of "root.pfs.002", for security)
5 - Run the game and be happy

Consideration: Dialogues must always start with a space character; otherwise, they will not appear on the scene.

Reactions: voltairepop

Young Breezy

Sep 7, 2018
Hello I've been able to translate the dialogue but is there any way to translate the names as well? Just shows up as blank for me even with their names replaced with English in the txt file. Thanks for this.

sena_kaito

Nov 19, 2018
Garbro is outdated. Can't open pack from latest games.
Any suggestion software/tools other than garbro?

SpikeSpiegeru

Aug 7, 2019
Hello I've been able to translate the dialogue but is there any way to translate the names as well? Just shows up as blank for me even with their names replaced with English in the txt file. Thanks for this.
I'm sorry for the delay. I am consulting with someone (who knows more than I do) to see if there is any way to resolve this issue.

SpikeSpiegeru

Aug 7, 2019
In consultation with an expert, it was recommended to check the files you are editing, to get a better idea of what we can do.
You can attach them here in the thread so we can have a look on txt.