Sims 4 - Creating a Chance Card Event

Satyr90

Dec 23, 2020
So, I've been bouncing around playing different simulation games and was able to mod a few. However, I wanted to give modding the Sims 4 a try. Specifically, I wanted to create random scenarios that pop up when someone is at school, work, etc. and the player is given a choice. To my knowledge the game term for this is a "Chance Card". With all that in mind, I've had little luck with finding any videos or documents describing how exactly to begin creating my own. I wanted to create additional mods as well, mainly around relationships and specific social interactions, but I've seen very little tutorials. I know that this is probably insanely ambitious but was just looking for a good starting point. Any help would be appreciated.

Toweke

Oct 27, 2017
I did a little Sims 4 modding in the past, mostly trying to make character sex traits, and I found it a real pain. I used Mod Constructor v4 I think, to make them somewhat easier than doing it in pure xml or whatever it was.

That said, the documentation seemed nonexistent and there was a lot of things I could never figure out, and when asking other people they never seemed to know either. I eventually gave up on it.

Reactions: Satyr90

Satyr90

Dec 23, 2020
I did a little Sims 4 modding in the past, mostly trying to make character sex traits, and I found it a real pain. I used Mod Constructor v4 I think, to make them somewhat easier than doing it in pure xml or whatever it was.

That said, the documentation seemed nonexistent and there was a lot of things I could never figure out, and when asking other people they never seemed to know either. I eventually gave up on it.
That's kind of what's going on with me. It's been a couple months and I still haven't found any info on it. It seems like a big pain in the ass as well as a missed opportunity on the Sims developers. They should make it a hell of a lot easier to create your own events/chance cards. The biggest pain to playing the sims is trying to create a story and I was hoping to have random chance events spice up the game.