Sims 4 Graphic Settings Help

89898hh

Sep 4, 2017
Hi I have a quick question. What graphic settings should i use for sims 4 ?

I have a Acer Nitro 5 Laptop which is supposed to be a fairly decent laptop but the sims seems to lag quite a bit.

I do have mods installed.

The game also makes my computer very slow for a good 5-10 minutes after turning the game off (which always freezes with not responding when i quit the game) The game also takes a while to even start up, But i assume that's to do with mods.

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:

Egglock

Oct 17, 2017
Mods are going to destroy your laptop for sure. One is the remove any outdated mods or mods that are causing errors, for example clothing that display weird texture or transparent hair. Next is to remove any mods that you hardly use.

If what I'm seeing is correct, RTX? Ryzen 7 or Intel i7 CPU? 32gb Ram? If these are all correct specs than something fishy is going on here. Before doing further troubleshooting, is this only happening with Sims 4? or are other games also suffering from performance issue?

89898hh

Sep 4, 2017
Mods are going to destroy your laptop for sure. One is the remove any outdated mods or mods that are causing errors, for example clothing that display weird texture or transparent hair. Next is to remove any mods that you hardly use.

If what I'm seeing is correct, RTX? Ryzen 7 or Intel i7 CPU? 32gb Ram? If these are all correct specs than something fishy is going on here. Before doing further troubleshooting, is this only happening with Sims 4? or are other games also suffering from performance issue?
Yes it only seems to be the sims which is weird to me. How do i find outdated mods and such ? Im a noob when it comes to these types of things.

89898hh

Sep 4, 2017
Also i get a last exception but it says this inside it ?

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
</root>

Thats it.

Egglock

Oct 17, 2017
It's been awhile since I've touched Sims 4. But if my memory serves me correctly, have a look at this

Should get you going on finding the culprit. Otherwise the secondary option and probably the most tedious one is, to load your mods one by one until the conflicting mod appears.

Another thing is if you haven't already, try playing in window full screen. Make sure vsync is off. But those shouldn't matter too much. Try booting up Sims 4 without mods and see if it resolves the issue. If it does, than try the link above or run through your mods one by one to find the culprit mod.

89898hh

Sep 4, 2017
It's been awhile since I've touched Sims 4. But if my memory serves me correctly, have a look at this

Should get you going on finding the culprit. Otherwise the secondary option and probably the most tedious one is, to load your mods one by one until the conflicting mod appears.

Another thing is if you haven't already, try playing in window full screen. Make sure vsync is off. But those shouldn't matter too much. Try booting up Sims 4 without mods and see if it resolves the issue. If it does, than try the link above or run through your mods one by one to find the culprit mod.
Oh god i have a lot of mods lol i mostly have clothes, face detail things etc i'll take a look tho

Egglock

Oct 17, 2017
First things first is. Just temporary move your mods out of the folder and do a non-modded run of the game and see if you get any performance issue. If it runs clean than that's a tell tale sign of mod issue. At that point do either of the two suggestion I've mention.

On the other hand if you still get performance hit without mods..... The only thing I can think of is run in windows full screen with vsync off, or do a clean install of the game. (Do note that if you do a reinstall, make sure to backup your Sims4 data)

89898hh

Sep 4, 2017
First things first is. Just temporary move your mods out of the folder and do a non-modded run of the game and see if you get any performance issue. If it runs clean than that's a tell tale sign of mod issue. At that point do either of the two suggestion I've mention.

On the other hand if you still get performance hit without mods..... The only thing I can think of is run in windows full screen with vsync off, or do a clean install of the game. (Do note that if you do a reinstall, make sure to backup your Sims4 data)
The game runs perfect without mods. Im running the mod conflict detector right now. Hopefully it helps.

Egglock

Oct 17, 2017
It's been awhile since I've touched Sims4 so I can't say for sure what they've done to it, but it should find any mods that are "competing" with each other. Meaning mods that try to overwrite each other. Last time I used it, it showed me mods that are broken or isn't working. Again if it doesn't than.... you'll have to manual look through your mod list sadly. Or look for another mod sorter.

Egglock

Oct 17, 2017
I wouldn't know tbh, it's been a long time since I've touched Sims. Though the possibility is there considering how the tool is still actively being developed.

Egglock

Oct 17, 2017
Well that isn't necessary going to fix the mods itself. IIRC those are fixes to the actual Sim files, not the cc. Since CC is manage by the creators themselves, if they screw up during their creation it'll screw everything else in the chain. For example, when I looked through some of the mods, there were all sorts of funky, mismatched, and code override in them. Those lead to some performance and mod incompatibility.