VN Ren'Py Sinful Valley [Development Thread]

RumiGames

Aug 24, 2024
Main Menu Design v2.png

RumiGames presents: Sinful Valley

Overview

Upon the mysterious death of your parents, you inherit a rundown house and farm in the quaint yet deceptive town of Canbe Valley. As you explore this seemingly prosperous town, you’ll uncover a world rife with corruption and deceit lurking behind every corner.

In Sinful Valley, a realm that pretends to be fair and just, you’ll discover the harsh reality of underground prostitution, brothels, and slavery. Explore an immersive narrative filled with beautiful girls, each with unique personalities and backstories, and engage in plenty of uncensored lewd scenes.

Tags (planned or already in):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The Gameplay:

In Sinful Valley you play a male protagonist who you can name yourself. Content is usually experienced from the first-person perspective but will shift to the third-person for specific scenes that benefit from such angles. You will be able to explore the town of Canbe Valley freely with more locations unlocking as the narrative progresses and you make progress along each character's own side stories, along with this you'll also be able to unlock extra places of interest when you successfully train a girl to a high enough level in certain stats.

As the game attempts to replicate an open world in Visual Novel form, you will have access to a town map that allows you to fast-travel to any unlocked locations, as well as see plenty of others you will eventually unlock. The type of modular setup I'm hoping to achieve will allow for the game to be expanded with relative ease, so locations, characters, interactions, quests, etc can all be incorporated without the need to change what's already implemented.

Character Line-Up:

At launch, Sinful Valley will have a lineup of THREE main characters. From left to right: Josie Lodge, Alice Grey, and Claire Rosefield. Each girl has their own traits which dictate what they are more open to and what they're less willing to do, despite these all girls will be able to do everything eventually once they've been fully trained. Alongside the main girls, there will be a selection of side girls which has yet to be decided upon, polls and suggestions will be over on Reddit (at u/RumiGames).

SV Lineup.png
Another aspect of note is that although Sinful Valley is a trainer it is also a dating simulator so as the story inevitably reaches it's conclusion you will have the option to go down exclusive routes with each character or stick to the harum route the trainer is likely to lead you towards. There will also be choices during the story that may lead to girls being angry towards you and therefore unavailable to train, therefore you best make your choices wisely!

Release Date:

Currently, Sinful Valley is scheduled for an October (likely nearer the end of the month) release which will include most of the first few sections, areas, and character interactions. I'm also aiming to have AT LEAST one full scene for each main girl, side girls are yet to be properly fleshed out and will almost certainly be pushed to later releases/updates.

Support the game here

End Post ThankYou.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
A very well laid out presentation. Your game sounds and looks interesting.
I wish you much success.

Noah Neim

Nov 25, 2020
Another aspect of note is that although Sinful Valley is a trainer it is also a dating simulator so as the story inevitably reaches
How detailed are you going to make this? There's trainers which are honestly cosmetic and those that are quite in depth, same with dating simulators, you could cite you're inspired by and plan on using, or a general framework is fine

Good luck on your game

Reactions: RumiGames

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
I get how upsetting a character would block romance options, but it doesn't seem like it should matter as much, or maybe even at all, for a training route

Reactions: RumiGames

RumiGames

Aug 24, 2024
How detailed are you going to make this? There's trainers which are honestly cosmetic and those that are quite in depth, same with dating simulators, you could cite you're inspired by and plan on using, or a general framework is fine

Good luck on your game
The plan is to have something in a similar vein to Harem Hotel so each character will have a range of stats that affect what they will and won't do. Each character will also be more open to different things making it easier to train them in some areas but more difficult in others.

Same idea for the extra unlockable scenes, some characters will have extra scenes that can only be unlocked by getting a stat to a high enough level.

RumiGames

Aug 24, 2024
I get how upsetting a character would block romance options, but it doesn't seem like it should matter as much, or maybe even at all, for a training route
Ah, I feel like I worded it poorly here, you won't be entirely locked out of training a character until right at the story's conclusion as I plan on allowing the player to choose different endings/routes for the final act.

In terms of angering a character, it won't completely block you from training them but will act as a roadblock to doing so. For example, if you side with one character in an argument the other is likely to be less receptive to your training (maybe you'll be able to give them a gift to help subside their anger?).

RumiGames

Aug 24, 2024
Location Progress Update

It's been a few weeks since the last update on here but progress hasn't slowed and today I'll be sharing a couple of updates on the farmstead location within Sinful Valley.

The Farmstead:

The farmstead is a location formerly owned by your deceased parents and has since been willed to you. It was your childhood home and has unfortunately fallen into disrepair in the years since you've been in Kanko City. I've attempted to showcase the change with rubble, do not enter signs, and plenty of other props.

farmstead old.png

farmstead new.png
The former still requires a few more touch-ups, including some more animals, to make it feel like a truly functioning farmstead while the other is practically finished with only some more debris needing to be played nearer the windmill.

Support the game here