-=CvokY=-

Samurai in retirement
Donor
Mar 20, 2021

Hey everyone,
So, it's finally here. After a long wait since Lilly's side story completed the first part of Rebecca's side story is done.

This is only the first part and it's already as big as Lilith's side story was. I was planning on doing it in halves like Lilly's story, but there is still a lot of story to go, so I'm going to say this is part 1 of 3.

Becca's story starts 5 years before the start of Single Again, a few months after she has turned eighteen. This is not a starting point for the story. It is highly recommended you play through Single again first! You get to see a different kind of Becca, one that is less confident and unsure of herself in her place in the world.

The often talked about but yet to be seen, Quinn also makes her first appearance in this story. As well as her boyfriend, Liam.

Like Lilith's side story this will only be available in the Abby tier.

As always, please take all discussion about this story or single again or the characters to discord.

Up next, work will begin on Single again 1.24.2.

Thanks everyone, hope you enjoy Becca's origin story!

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Hopefully this confirms that Becca is the one that alerted Frank to her mom's infidelity, and maybe if she knows who her father is.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Ok, I like where it is going.

Its good that CNG is addressing the fact that all data points to Frank being the daddy, or at least in the running enough that would get him on Maury. If Becca hadn't figured out that Trevor wasn't her dad, that wouldn't have made sense as she is quite intelligent, so, while it took her a while, at least she figured it out. It is good to finally get confirmation on what the first step was, even if it was obvious. It is also fun to see her sexual awakening. Discovering she is a voyeur really solved the problem of keeping Lily and Abby around while forming the new family dynamic.

Also, this is very unfortunate thumb placement:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I would say that if I was able to work out that Trevor as Becca's father is quite unlikely, then Becca will have managed that too. It must have only been once Shannon and Trevor's wedding years dropped, Becca must have been within earshot and could then quite easily work out that something didn't add up if the wedding day was 2-3 years less than her own age. if Shannon didn't have the gestation period of an elephant cow, then it's pretty obvious.

And even though I'm not a fan of developers “distracting” themselves with side stories, I would argue that Lilly's and especially Becca's side stories are very relevant to the plot. The fact that stylistically we only learn things that Frank learns in the main part leaves a lot open.

For example, let's imagine that Becca tells Frank that she knows Trevor is not her father. Frank can perhaps find out an approximate duration, but not much more. A story that focuses on Becca and her trajectory can address that much better, so we can learn her modus operandi after such a revelation, more details on how that affected her relationship with Shannon and Trevor, how it affected her dynamic with Frank, and if so why it affected the dynamic in that way. Since we also get the thoughts of the protagonists, we have a better and unbiased impression of who Becca really is. This was also the case with Lilly's story where for the first time we really got to see how deep her feelings of inferiority towards her sisters are and also interactions in the past between her and Frank, which were briefly touched on from time to time but never a real flashback like we see here.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
alot of games do it seems like a i like your shit so scratch my back ill scratch yours. Leap of faith did the crossovers hard.
yes, you advertise my game in your game or at patreon and i'll do same. drifty advertised other devs on his 1st game.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
well that wasn't too bad, tho there wasn't much we didn't already know/suspected. What I don't know if we should expect Becca getting a boyfriend down the line (well we know she does just not sure if they will show up in the game), not too interested in that. Overall not bad, but I would have rather played a new update of the OG game.

WeilBaum

Jun 30, 2023
Since Rebecca's Reckoning is on Patreon, we can assume that Rebecca's real Father is not mentioned or a fake name is used due to Patreon's terms of service.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Since Rebecca's Reckoning is on Patreon, we can assume that Rebecca's real Father is not mentioned or a fake name is used due to Patreon's terms of service.
well they ain't gonna be fucking in this game so what is against the tos then?

WeilBaum

Jun 30, 2023
well they ain't gonna be fucking in this game so what is against the tos then?
Because Patreon probably has algorithms that easily get 2 from 1+1 and even if not, the employees there can do it in any case and dev will certainly not take any risks and dry up his source of income. Patreon only recently reviewed SA

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
It was only a $1, it's not like the dev was asking for a left leg, left arm, and a right nut or something....

It's a short story, probably not even in it.
yeah I am a supporter at meiko level so I can't get it... I'm a poor and this is the only dev I support thus far.

Frazzanova

Jun 2, 2017
Because Patreon probably has algorithms that easily get 2 from 1+1 and even if not, the employees there can do it in any case and dev will certainly not take any risks and dry up his source of income. Patreon only recently reviewed SA
So you're saying no one on patreon is allowed to make any content where someone mentions their dad? I don't know where you get your information, but that seems incorrect.

Reactions: Elduriel
3.80 star(s) 207 Votes