Skep-tiker

Oct 11, 2023
The mysteries of the human heart. It wants what it wants and there is never any logic to it.
Becca not only thinks Frank is hot, she also finds him kind, and smart. You can see this even further in her side story.
Considering the other male role model examples that she has, and that love doesn't exactly follow logic, it's not overly surprising she fell for Frank.
You may be right with this, but it doesnt make Franks demeanor more bearable.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Yes, Frank can be exhausting at times, but I think a lot of his problems stem from the following:

His first wife, his true love and best friend dies in an accident because a drunk party girl with rich parents thinks she has to drive her car around. And she never gets punished because the party girl's father greases the court like an oil sardine. On top of that, there's apparently survivor's guilt because it wasn't him who went shopping, but Jess. He was never really able to come to terms with it, partly because the money probably wasn't there and partly because he had to look after his daughter. Then there's probably the stigma of psychotherapy. But since he now has a trusting, friendly relationship with Vanessa, he should perhaps talk to her about it.

Shannon. The woman not only brought her own children down, as we saw in Lilith's and Becca's side stories, but also Frank. I think Frank may even have subconsciously known how bad his marriage was at a certain point, didn't want to give it up, if only so Abby could continue to have a mother figure and he didn't want to let Becca and Lilly down. He had spent about 5 years with Becca and Lilly by the time Becca's side story takes place, enough time to see what Trevor's disappearance had done to Lilly in particular.

I think in a scenario where Jess never died but Shannon and her daughters ended up with Jess and Frank for story reasons, Frank would still be a more reactive person, but because he never had to deal with Jess's death and was never dragged down by Shannon in a rather messed up marriage, he would be someone with a lot less self-doubt and fear of failure. Additionally, he would have a partner by his side that he can absolutely trust.

I would love to see a side story like this where Jess would then verbally kick Lilly's ex-boyfriend's ass in a scene after she finds out he cheated on Lilly. Becca called herself a mama bear in an Update, but I don't think that's anything compared to what Jess would do to someone who hurts one of “her” girls.

Reactions: WeilBaum

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
eh he is not so bad recently, he is DTF mostly with anybody except maybe Abby, he still has his monologues about it. Well, he admitted he is into her but can't go there. I'm very curious what will be the breaking point... Abby catching him with Lilly would be my guess.

Dr. Mick

Nov 21, 2017
Yes, Frank can be exhausting at times, but I think a lot of his problems stem from the following:

His first wife, his true love and best friend dies in an accident because a drunk party girl with rich parents thinks she has to drive her car around. And she never gets punished because the party girl's father greases the court like an oil sardine. On top of that, there's apparently survivor's guilt because it wasn't him who went shopping, but Jess. He was never really able to come to terms with it, partly because the money probably wasn't there and partly because he had to look after his daughter. Then there's probably the stigma of psychotherapy. But since he now has a trusting, friendly relationship with Vanessa, he should perhaps talk to her about it.

Shannon. The woman not only brought her own children down, as we saw in Lilith's and Becca's side stories, but also Frank. I think Frank may even have subconsciously known how bad his marriage was at a certain point, didn't want to give it up, if only so Abby could continue to have a mother figure and he didn't want to let Becca and Lilly down. He had spent about 5 years with Becca and Lilly by the time Becca's side story takes place, enough time to see what Trevor's disappearance had done to Lilly in particular.

I think in a scenario where Jess never died but Shannon and her daughters ended up with Jess and Frank for story reasons, Frank would still be a more reactive person, but because he never had to deal with Jess's death and was never dragged down by Shannon in a rather messed up marriage, he would be someone with a lot less self-doubt and fear of failure. Additionally, he would have a partner by his side that he can absolutely trust.

I would love to see a side story like this where Jess would then verbally kick Lilly's ex-boyfriend's ass in a scene after she finds out he cheated on Lilly. Becca called herself a mama bear in an Update, but I don't think that's anything compared to what Jess would do to someone who hurts one of “her” girls.
It would certainly make for an interesting "What If" story. One where Frank and Jess raise the girls because Shannon is gone.
That would change the dynamic quite a bit, though it would also likely eliminate the whole harem story. As we're seeing in Becca's side story, part of the reason the plan came about was because she recognized that Shannon is a bad person, and that they all deserve better.
How different the story would be if they already had a loving family, rather than having to save themselves from Shannon's abuse.
Would Becca still develop the same feelings? If she did, would she tell Jess? With Jess in the picture, would she encourage the idea or be opposed to it?

While we generally know that Jess was a better person, we really don't know that much about her outside some dialogue and a couple flashbacks.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I think it would depend on the context. In a hypothetical what if story, you could make Becca Frank's daughter to make it easier to explain why they end up with Jess and Frank instead of Shannon's mom, for example. Next, you'd have to establish why Shannon would have contact with Frank and Jess. A potential scenario would be Lilly and Abby go to the same class, become friends as 9 year olds, and then when they meet at home, someone drops their daughter off at the other's house and oops, we know each other.

Now about how - presumably - the characters would develop:
Abby: More confident because she was raised by her mother.
Becca: Would probably be more reserved at first, but would warm up to Jess when she sees how in harmony she is with Frank and how completely different this family is to Shannon and Trevor, who also left here. She would have no reasons for her 5 year plan here and would grow out of her crush after she learns who Frank is. Would probably become a little more like her single-again counterpart, but without the manipulative since there's no reason for it.
Lilly: Would probably be the person who would have an even harder time. She would probably be thraumatized by Shannon's death, night terrors and all, but I think Jess would help her through it. I think she would eventually get over it and be less confrontational and possibly have less stress with Frank. Who knows maybe she would be the one to accidentally develop the crush on Frank instead of Becca.

I can only assume things with Jess, but:

I think once she knew them, she wouldn't transfer her dislike of Shannon to Lilly and Becca, specifically I have a potential Frank response in mind that she would probably support Abby's friendship with Lilly and Becca because it would drive Shannon insane.

Jess was disowned by her own family because she got pregnant but didn't want to abort the child. Instead, she was taken in and accepted by Frank and his family. By doing the same for Lilly and Becca, she could return that kindness to someone who also has no place to go.

And by the same token, she would kick the ass of anyone who dared to break the heart or otherwise hurt one of her girls, whether it was her biological daughter or not.

I think it's realistic at least, after all the big theme of how Jess and Frank got together and the whole Frank, Abby, Lilly, Becca and Meiko a family thing was the following: Your family isn't necessarily the people who gave birth to you. Your family is the people you let into your life and who let you into their lives.

Reactions: Unbreakable Patches

Skep-tiker

Oct 11, 2023

Nah Franks Problems were already present when he let go "the love of his life".

Looking through a misanthropic view, what exactly are Frank achievments? "the love of his life" got knocked up by a random dude, and only after that one ditched her, she came back to ol'reliable... then he got an abusive wife who used him to raise one or probably two kids which arent his own. And even the relationship to lil and mei are only in existence because becca orchestrated it. He craves Abby, but is kinda cuckes by Lil. One could think Dev must kinda hate him...

I absolutely adore Becca, but objectivly she could do so much better...

Dec 17, 2018
1725505336258.png
Did anyone notice that Aaron, the side character guy who got Jessica pregnant, was having a family in his 30s-40s? This means he focused on his career and secured a job before starting a family. He planned to have a family to take care of him when he retires, ensuring he would be financially stable in life.

Reactions: aslop

DaFinker

Apr 24, 2024
View attachment 4001685
Did anyone notice that Aaron, the side character guy who got Jessica pregnant, was having a family in his 30s-40s? This means he focused on his career and secured a job before starting a family. He planned to have a family to take care of him when he retires, ensuring he would be financially stable in life.
Yet he still wanted to murder Abby, so fuck him.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
View attachment 4001685
This isn't Aaron's story.

Even if it was his story, he didn't just tell his then-girlfriend he didn't want their baby because he wasn't ready, he actively participated in humiliating and degrading her so he could deny his responsibility, then years later -- when his child was an adult and her mom dead -- decided to interfere in her life due to some sort of guilty conscience (and possibly goading from her grandparents).

If he'd left well enough alone, he could have been the good guy in his own story, but he gave up that chance when he played with fire and brought his wife along for the ride. She may stay with him, but now she knows there's a side of him to fear. And if Abby ever becomes involved with her kids, eventually they'll probably hear some of the story, which will likely cause him some grief.

That said, he's still an important cog in this story, since his interference is the catalyst by which Abby's internal conflict is ... significantly reduced.

So yes, he's a side character whose life after Jessica apparently wasn't all that problematic, but as a character in this story he doesn't get a pass for that.

Dec 17, 2018

Even if it was his story, he didn't just tell his then-girlfriend he didn't want their baby because he wasn't ready, he actively participated in humiliating and degrading her so he could deny his responsibility, then years later -- when his child was an adult and her mom dead -- decided to interfere in her life due to some sort of guilty conscience (and possibly goading from her grandparents).

If he'd left well enough alone, he could have been the good guy in his own story, but he gave up that chance when he played with fire and brought his wife along for the ride. She may stay with him, but now she knows there's a side of him to fear. And if Abby ever becomes involved with her kids, eventually they'll probably hear some of the story, which will likely cause him some grief.

That said, he's still an important cog in this story, since his interference is the catalyst by which Abby's internal conflict is ... significantly reduced.

So yes, he's a side character whose life after Jessica apparently wasn't all that problematic, but as a character in this story he doesn't get a pass for that.
these Aaron side story part as a Teenager did was just all cover for his Future when it comes to Reality Situation here his reaction was normal and surreal, and you know jesicca story (abegail's mother) she is vulnerable and clumsy just like her daughter end up tempting the guy, he was also a victim to that part, you were suppose to enjoy your teenage life going out at parties and one day you realise you got someone pregnant....she didn't use protection or.... a guy condom has a leak or.... was it they are too drunk in those moments to realise they end up using raw.

yea basically his life went down to hill when ur in that situation you could lose your scholarship or even social status, you will end up serving as fast food job

aaron choices was either to convince jessica for abortion which jesicca "disaprove"
aaron options are only left with was to ruin jesicca reputation first before the rumor spread before either of them went down or her's (probably aaron's family or friends suggest)

that ends up her disregard in that situation and ended up saving his own skin. he probably barely even know her, at the party they usually introduce themselves but not all of the guess just the person they approach with.

aaron got struck in real life situation there that end up destroying jessica life by bending the truth with a lie. proclaiming the father could be anyone. and the story goes on. Perspective men that's what makes the story like these are great.

If Aaron did accept the situation, he would be taking Frank's place/position by sheer luck. Consecutively, they happened to get a lounge during that time, and he married Shannon or other family he can reach if its Aaron so Abby could have a mother figure after Jessica's tragedy (since Frank couldn't handle taking care of Abby alone while also finding the financial means to shelter them). Another stroke of luck occurred when they received a will, some money, and a cabin from a wealthy family whose daughter had killed his wife, with the mother, Mrs. Lastoya, sympathizing with the tragedy. (these are not normal encounter, that's why it's called "sheer luck")

but imagine that life if aaron didn't get frank's luck, it could have been different story. they didn't meet vanessa and beth a wealthy family and aaron having different job in mind so yeah.....,

aaron could have a stable life and house a future just like now in the game

(extra) we don't know franks first job before..... he always tired when he returns home
i kinda forgot what his current earning job now but you get the jezz....

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2018
Nothing's wrong with adding extra "side story" to make the story more interesting like spice in life

if its one sided story and plain simple taboo and no serious outcomes like any other games out there it'll make the story less interesting. one of the story like aaron's and others in the game is like a pillar of the main plot

like how the story started and its started great

besides the filler where judges daughter giving franks relief (i can't find other suited words so i use "relief")
and the waitress who takes walks out through valley with frank and soon probably nyla and the fat waitress if some people are into that weird kinks.

(this comment will probably end up buried later)

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Nah Franks Problems were already present when he let go "the love of his life".

Looking through a misanthropic view, what exactly are Frank achievments? "the love of his life" got knocked up by a random dude, and only after that one ditched her, she came back to ol'reliable... then he got an abusive wife who used him to raise one or probably two kids which arent his own. And even the relationship to lil and mei are only in existence because becca orchestrated it. He craves Abby, but is kinda cuckes by Lil. One could think Dev must kinda hate him...

I absolutely adore Becca, but objectivly she could do so much better...
Well, I wouldn't consider a misanthropic view as "objectively". Indeed in real life I think Frank would be quite a good catch for a woman who knows what she wants. Yes, you would have to struggle with his insecurities, but he is loving and caring and has a couple of talents. It's not all about chatting girls up and wanting to fuck them, especially once you've settled down.

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024

Remember Aaron didn't contact her out of guilty conscience, his wife told him to. So if his wife didn't tell him to contact her he wouldn't have. Aaron was a dick even when he meets her he doesn't really show remorse just excuses. I think his real fear is his wife. When Abby was asking about questions and mentions aborting her and destroying her mothers reputation it happens quick but there was a What!!! response from his wife. I say have mom bring siblings to Abby without dad. While Abby is spending time with her brothers rebecca helps frank spend time with their mother. :devilish:

Dr. Mick

Nov 21, 2017
these Aaron side story part as a Teenager did was just all cover for his Future when it comes to Reality Situation here his reaction was normal and surreal, and you know jesicca story (abegail's mother) she is vulnerable and clumsy just like her daughter end up tempting the guy, he was also a victim to that part, you were suppose to enjoy your teenage life going out at parties and one day you realise you got someone pregnant....she didn't use protection or.... a guy condom has a leak or.... was it they are too drunk in those moments to realise they end up using raw.

yea basically his life went down to hill when ur in that situation you could lose your scholarship or even social status, you will end up serving as fast food job

aaron choices was either to convince jessica for abortion which jesicca "disaprove"
aaron options are only left with was to ruin jesicca reputation first before the rumor spread before either of them went down or her's (probably aaron's family or friends suggest)

that ends up her disregard in that situation and ended up saving his own skin. he probably barely even know her, at the party they usually introduce themselves but not all of the guess just the person they approach with.

aaron got struck in real life situation there that end up destroying jessica life by bending the truth with a lie. proclaiming the father could be anyone. and the story goes on. Perspective men that's what makes the story like these are great.

If Aaron did accept the situation, he would be taking Frank's place/position by sheer luck. Consecutively, they happened to get a lounge during that time, and he married Shannon or other family he can reach if its Aaron so Abby could have a mother figure after Jessica's tragedy (since Frank couldn't handle taking care of Abby alone while also finding the financial means to shelter them). Another stroke of luck occurred when they received a will, some money, and a cabin from a wealthy family whose daughter had killed his wife, with the mother, Mrs. Lastoya, sympathizing with the tragedy. (these are not normal encounter, that's why it's called "sheer luck")

but imagine that life if aaron didn't get frank's luck, it could have been different story. they didn't meet vanessa and beth a wealthy family and aaron having different job in mind so yeah.....,

aaron could have a stable life and house a future just like now in the game

(extra) we don't know franks first job before..... he always tired when he returns home
i kinda forgot what his current earning job now but you get the jezz....
Not sure why you're continuing to do mental gymnastics in an attempt to justify Aaron's actions; let me save you some time.

There is no justification for how Aaron treated Jess.
All the excuses in the world don't change that what he did was awful. Pretending that just because he was younger gives him a pass, or there could be any good reason to treat another person the way he did, is just wrong.
It doesn't matter how Jess got pregnant. Nor does it matter if Aaron wanted a better life, didn't want to damage his popularity, or wanted to get a good job. There is no excuse for actively ruining someone else's life.
There are so many ways Aaron could have handled the situation better, but he chose to be a selfish asshole. Not only did he shirk his responsibility, he made the entire situation worse, and treated Jess like garbage.

Now years later the only remorse he's showing is in being caught and called out for being incredibly selfish. The fact that he ended up with a stable happy life doesn't make it better; quite the opposite in fact. As far as I'm concerned, he stole that away with what he did.
Abby got to tell him off, and I hope that's the only interaction she ever has to endure with that scumbag. He acted maliciously toward someone who didn't deserve it, Abby shouldn't even waste time thinking about him anymore, and neither should we.

Befole

Feb 26, 2022
Does anyone know if there's a walkthrough mod for v1.24.1.1 being worked on by any of the modders, or should I just use the walkthrough and hope someone picks it up in the future?

3.80 star(s) 207 Votes