Dec 20, 2020
I agree with most of what you said, the kids I don't believe were there that's why she brought the picture for her. She wasn't a dingbat just a mother that information was omitted from her by her douchebag husband. That's why she was shocked by what she heard. If she had known she probably would have went by herself instead of bringing him. Would have loved to be a fly on the wall on that car ride home.
Yes, she was a dingbat. She forced herself into a situation where she didn't belong trying to make relationships that no one wants happen. Doesn't get much dingier than that. Frank's not innocent in this part of the story either. I really felt like he was pushing Abby into this a bit too much, like she wasn't really ready for it and he couldn't see it. Aaron didn't want to meet Abby, and she wasn't ready to meet him. It was a disaster from the beginning.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
I didnt even notice they changed Franks character design. Before he looked young now he looks older.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
After having to look up what the word dingbat means, I can't help but frown.

Aaron's wife is also a mother, and of daughters to boot. Let's imagine one of his daughters, or his only daughter, I can't exactly make it out in the picture and have the actual dialog in my head, but the number of daughters doesn't matter, would be in the same situation as Jess. How should she and Aaron react now, especially Aaron. Does he call the guy to account and force him to take responsibility, which would make him an absolute hypocrite, or would he shrug his shoulders and say “ tough luck honey, if only you hadn't spread your legs.”

The way I see it, this is her way of holding her husband accountable for something he's gotten away with for almost 20 years. In that sense, I also see it as a lesson that could be relevant for her children later on: Take responsibility for your actions, and don't become like your father and choose partners like him. Aaron never wanting to meet Abby makes sense: no one wants to face the consequences of their actions, but that's what it means to be an adult: confronting your mistakes and taking responsibility and feeling remorse for them. The only remorse I see in him is that it came out. Let's turn the situation around a bit: It is 20 years ago, Jess is pregnant, desperate, rejected by her family.

Now let's imagine that Frank's family had moved away with Frank in the meantime, or that Frank and his family hadn't taken them in. Yes, there might have been other options, but there's also a good chance that Jess would have done something to herself out of sheer desperation if things had gone really badly. And I don't want to imagine what Aaron's wife would have done to him. Jess may just be a stranger to her, but she's not like Shannon and considering that she could have been in Jess' place with a bit of bad luck, I can't imagine Aaron having much fun in the future, even if he can't be held legally liable for such a scenario.

With Frank and Abby, I have to add the following: Frank and Jess never wanted Abby to find out about her biological father, but it's necessary for him to tell her about him because he's rightly worried that the guy will show up at the door at some point and things will blow up. In the meantime, I can imagine that this wouldn't have happened, but that he might have Aaron's wife on the phone at some point and she would explain the situation to him. However, Frank couldn't have known this at the time, so I think it makes sense that he told Abby. In comparison, I would like to use “Daughter for Dessert”, where the protagonist finds himself in a relatively similar situation; I no longer have the plot completely in my head, but more or less the following happens: His former sister-in-law turns up and makes it relatively clear that she wants to have contact with her niece. The protagonist is not interested and doesn't think it necessary to inform his daughter about her mother's circumstances and history. At some point, there is a confrontation and, as was to be expected, the whole story blows up in his face.

Back to Single Again and Abby: She made it clear at the end of an update: She wants to meet her father. She was never about forgiving him, which is understandable and I think for the circumstances she actually reacted very humanely, at least she could have reacted much worse.

Then again about Aaron's wife: Aaron never told her the whole story of what he and his friends did, but only what he could no longer deny, probably that he once got a girl pregnant in college but never had any contact with her or the child.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Conclusion: If he had been honest with his wife from the beginning or at least revealed more than was necessary, she would probably never have pushed him or sought contact with Frank and Abby herself. All the flak Aaron gets because of what happened 20 years ago is his own doing and no one else's fault but his own.

Edit: And since I looked it up: They have a daughter and two sons.

Last edited:

Vlbc

Jul 23, 2022
39 years old, father of one, widow and step father of two (one of the step daughter treat him like shit for no reason '-')
And of course, he for some reason don't hate the woman who cheated on him.
screenshot0001.png

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Reactions: Lliw21

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
And of course, he for some reason don't hate the woman who cheated on him.
They do say that there is a thin line between Love and Hate. I think if he hated Shannon then it could be argued that there are still some feelings there for her. The fact that he doesn't seem to feel anything towards her just suggests/reinforces to me that he is just over with the whole thing with her. There are no feelings there at all beyond a simple meh sort of ambivalence. She is a person who is alive and that is the limit of his feelings about her now where it relates to him. If she is to mess with his girls on the other hand I'd say it'll be a different matter, but that is more about how he feels about the girls not her.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
They do say that there is a thin line between Love and Hate. I think if he hated Shannon then it could be argued that there are still some feelings there for her. The fact that he doesn't seem to feel anything towards her just suggests/reinforces to me that he is just over with the whole thing with her. There are no feelings there at all beyond a simple meh sort of ambivalence. She is a person who is alive and that is the limit of his feelings about her now where it relates to him. If she is to mess with his girls on the other hand I'd say it'll be a different matter, but that is more about how he feels about the girls not her.
I find your statement quite interesting. Something else crossed my mind: Shannon is, and very few people will disagree, a self-important person. So if Frank were to allow himself to be annoyed by Shannon, Shannon would achieve what she wants: that everything revolves around her.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I didn't realize The sisters are latina. Rebeccas reckoning answer alot of questions. love these side stories. they fill in the blanks.
Absolutely justified, the only clue we had so far was Lilly's middle name, Francesca, which was only briefly mentioned once by Frank and is not even mentioned in her biography entry. Since there have been no hints about this so far, I had always assumed that she (Shannon) simply liked the name Francesca, but well, Lilly and Becca's grandparents weren't mentioned much in the plot either.

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
Absolutely justified, the only clue we had so far was Lilly's middle name, Francesca, which was only briefly mentioned once by Frank and is not even mentioned in her biography entry. Since there have been no hints about this so far, I had always assumed that she (Shannon) simply liked the name Francesca, but well, Lilly and Becca's grandparents weren't mentioned much in the plot either.
yea it wasn't till she said Abuela that I knew

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
I remember that but Francesca can also be Italian. That's what I had originally thought.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
Frank is over Shannon, so he only have apathy towards her, having some kind of hurt or jealously would mean he did care for her a bit.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I remember that but Francesca can also be Italian. That's what I had originally thought.
Absolutely possible. It may well be that the grandmother is from southern Europe, possibly even part Spanish and part Italian. My assumption is that if, for example, only the grandmother was Spanish and the grandfather was Italian, Shannon's first name would probably emphasize that. I assume so:

Grandmother is at least of Spanish descent. It's hard to say whether she's Latina or Hispanic. Shannon could therefore have chosen the name Francesca either as a further reference to her mother's ancestry or because she simply liked it.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
The following things have been going through my mind over the last few days:

Abby's confrontation with her biological father: I don't think she had any doubts about Frank's statements or that her mother told Frank a wild story that he ate up. I think on the one hand she wanted to make it clear to him what she thought of him, also for her mother and Frank. On the other hand, I can also imagine that she wanted to know whether it was the whole truth, that there were possibly things that Jess couldn't know. Because I think she would have made a difference if it had gone like this: Aaron's parents are wealthy and find out that their son has got his girlfriend pregnant, the parents don't want a scandal and force Aaron to persuade Jess to have an abortion. Jess refuses and Aaron comes up with a solution: he wants to take responsibility and at least support her financially. His clique fears that they will lose their buddy and start these rumors, claiming that Aaron is also involved in these rumors. Jess drops out of college and Aaron can't tell Jess that he wants to support her. Had the truth played out this way, I think Abby would have at least had less resentment towards her father. She would never have seen him as a father but would have forgiven him once she had overcome everything and had no problems meeting her half-siblings. But since he only revealed the most necessary things to his wife himself, that would have been very implausible after her “Wha...?”, even if he had claimed it. But I think that she will meet her siblings at least once when she has come to terms with it. I also think that even Jess would advise her to do so, as a core message of this story and its actors is: Children are not responsible for the actions of their parents.

And I think that Lilly and Frank are more similar in certain character traits than they realize.

Both had a severe trauma in the past that was never properly dealt with.
Both have a close friendship with certain redheads with whom they should become best friends and more.
Both would do anything for their best friend to help her.
Both can be quite stubborn. Frank who never gave up on being a father figure to Lilly and Lilly who refused even though Abby and Becca talked her into it and hoped for her father instead.
While neither are stupid, they are played like a fiddle by more manipulative characters (Becca, Shannon).
Both have held on to impossible family images (Frank with Shannon, Lilly with Trevor).

I don't know if it counts as irony, but Frank's worry of rejection/getting it wrong, which is why he never actively tried to start a romance with Jess before Abby, is mirrored for me in the situation where Lilly tried to start a definite relationship with Abby, where she was turned down because, if I recall correctly, Abby thought Lilly was joking.

Maxxxed69

Jul 26, 2023
Is it wrong to say something to the effect of "I wish I waited a couple years for this game to have a back log of content", I just finished the latest update available here 1.24.1.1, after taking a decent break back during Lilith longing, I came back had to update. (Though, I still love and long for this game and if given a ticket back in time I wouldn't change a thing.)

This is the first 'this type' of game to actually get me to retain, read and understand the dialogue and the emotions of the story. I am not ashamed to say I cried at a few parts, laughed my butt off at others.

Sometimes with stories I find it difficult to recall certain aspects of the story. Parts that have varying levels of importance. But, I believe I can recall most the important aspects and varying levels of side paths/ story lines. If that makes sense.

Just some thoughts from me.

(Also wanted to add)

I wish I wasn't as addicted as I currently am. I'm like a meth addict, I want more story... Which is really saying something as I stated before story games haven't really been a strong suit for until I came across single again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zakalwe76
3.80 star(s) 207 Votes