Steve70

Sep 13, 2017
Will it make sense? Possible not, but if CNG would write it, it would be what would be canon and what the games become.
While I, too, dislike the direction the story took, I accept that the author of the game has the final say in what he (or she) wants to create. And now that the developer has decided to make changes, I accept that, also. Personally, my desire is that the game gets completed and that it turns out to be something with which the developer is satisfied. Sometimes, I have the impression that fans of the game are more interested in having the developer create what they want instead of what he or she wants, and that seems both egocentric and self-indulgent to me.

But hey, I'm just a guy on the internet. My opinion is no more important than anyone else's.

Maxxxed69

Jul 26, 2023
While I, too, dislike the direction the story took, I accept that the author of the game has the final say in what he (or she) wants to create. And now that the developer has decided to make changes, I accept that, also. Personally, my desire is that the game gets completed and that it turns out to be something with which the developer is satisfied. Sometimes, I have the impression that fans of the game are more interested in having the developer create what they want instead of what he or she wants, and that seems both egocentric and self-indulgent to me.

But hey, I'm just a guy on the internet. My opinion is no more important than anyone else's.
What would be the largest issue you have with the story so far? Just out of pure curiosity?

Maxxxed69

Jul 26, 2023
I'm guessing incest vs non, originally it wasn't in the cards, now it is with the patreon shit, we will see
I'm not all caught up on the patreon drama (Since I prefer subscribestar.). I have picked up in passing about incest even step-siblings is a touch-y subject on patreon.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I'm not all caught up on the patreon drama (Since I prefer subscribestar.). I have picked up in passing about incest even step-siblings is a touch-y subject on patreon.
pretty much, they got banned, then not or whatever, now they are back again, real incest may be in the cards with the Becca side-story, we'll see where it all ends up

MAGO-DAG

Forum Fanatic
Sep 1, 2023
Since 2020, Patreon had a rule related to incest. Now, since 2023, Patreon has strict rules, such as "rape", "dark content" and of course "incest".

But "incest" there has always been a sore subject for Patreon.

Reactions: Maxxxed69

Cryptist

Aug 20, 2020
So glad the dev had a change of heart. After years of teasing, the path that made Abby a lesbian was kinda soul-crushing.

Maxxxed69

Jul 26, 2023
So glad the dev had a change of heart. After years of teasing, the path that made Abby a lesbian was kinda soul-crushing.
When I first heard of Single Again, I sort of rushed through the game trying to get to a sex scene. Skipping over Lilith's longing and got to Lilith. After finding the game again after taking a break shortly after the scene with Lilith, I redownloaded the game and took my time with reading, even playing through Lilith's longing. But, during Lilith's longing I took another couple months break and was able to finish it and go back to my older save when it tells you to play it. I had to update my game after the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

All of this to say, was there an actual route where you could make abby go full blown lesbian?

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
All of this to say, was there an actual route where you could make abby go full blown lesbian?
No. That was a troll comment.

Abby was always on the fence about her relationship with Lilly as anything more than "we like each other and can have fun when we're not in a serious relationship" and both of them always expressed interest in boys. Lilly's shown more desire to be only with Abby than Abby ever showed in only being with Lilly, and Lilly NEVER only wanted to be with Abby.

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
I would be surprised if Rebecca is his daughter she would have told him by now. Plus she would have been super happy.

Dr. Mick

Nov 21, 2017
maybe but also possible that she doesn't know. yet.
While it may not technically be canon, the Rebecca's Reckoning side story is set years ago, and early on has her collecting hair for a DNA test. So at this point in the main story, she would definitely know.

As kinky as Becca is, I'm not sure even she would be okay with Frank being her actual father. :unsure:
Maybe she would, maybe not; though I have a feeling her 'daddy' roleplay would feel quite a bit different if Frank were her real dad.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
The Lilith and Abby thing was established fairly early on, the theme first finding relevance when Frank and Abby visit Lilly at work to meet her boyfriend. Later it becomes even less subtle in Becca's debut where Abby and Becca talk while Frank is in the restroom and she more or less says that she's known about Abby and Lilly all these years. Narratively, it also makes sense to me that Frank is trying to set Abby and Lilly up: at this point in the plot, he's not ready to accept his feelings for Abby. Someone once told him, either Vanessa or Becca, that he either has to accept it or he has to live with her finding someone else. So for me it's only logical that he helps Lilly get together with Abby. Lilly is probably the only person in the story who loves Abby nearly as much as Frank does, he knows that she would never consciously do anything that would hurt Abby. So he has the advantage, from his point of view, that Abby might grow out of her crush on him, but he doesn't worry about her and still sees her as much as he does now, maybe less but not as much less as he would with a stranger.

And it also makes sense to establish Abby as an LI, I think. Lilly isn't exactly subtle about showing her feelings for Frank, even when Abby is around. Remember, in the beginning Lilly had a nip slip, Frank just points it out and she gets loud. A few weeks later, she undresses relatively casually in Frank's presence and cuddles up in bed with him. The only reasons I have that explain why Abby hasn't put 1+1 together yet will be that she lacks life experience and is probably rationalizing that Lilly is now overcompensating in this way for the last 10 years. Another theory is that although she has a suspicion, she doesn't voice it because she's worried that, at best, she'll embarrass herself again like in the first “Grabby Abby incident” shown or, at worst, Lilly will react so badly to it that she'll treat Frank the same way she has for the last 10 years.

Why it makes sense for Abby: As I said, Lilly isn't subtle, and sooner or later she's bound to do something Abby sees and confront them. I also think this is Becca's plan for Abby: Only by Abby showing initiative herself and telling them both “either you include me, or you can both forget about me” can Abby actively become part of this, and since Lilly and Frank don't want to lose Abby, they'll both have to comply.

As for Becca: she will definitely know by now whether Frank is her (biological) father or not. The preparations for this took place about 5 years before the current storyline and I can't imagine that a paternity test takes 5 years, even if you use carrier pigeons. And considering that Becca has hinted often enough that she would do the same with Lilly, I don't think she would mind if he was her biological father. That said, whether Frank is her father or a third unfortunate guy who ended up in Shannon's clutches, by the time Abby becomes LI, CNG will have to switch platforms with Single Again because Patreon would consider a sexual relationship between Frank and Abby to be incest.

Edit:
By the way, is it just me, or does anyone else think that Abby must have a cursed monkey's paw?

Abby wishes Lilly got along better with Frank: Lilly now cuddles up to Frank in Abby's presence while the three of them are in bed, and has no problem getting undressed in Frank's presence either.

Abby has always wished for biological (little?) siblings: her biological father turns up, who now has more children.

Frank really needs to teach Abby the saying “Be careful what you wish for, it might come true. Only different from what you think”.

Last edited:

Maxxxed69

Jul 26, 2023
The Lilith and Abby thing was established fairly early on, the theme first finding relevance when Frank and Abby visit Lilly at work to meet her boyfriend. Later it becomes even less subtle in Becca's debut where Abby and Becca talk while Frank is in the restroom and she more or less says that she's known about Abby and Lilly all these years. Narratively, it also makes sense to me that Frank is trying to set Abby and Lilly up: at this point in the plot, he's not ready to accept his feelings for Abby. Someone once told him, either Vanessa or Becca, that he either has to accept it or he has to live with her finding someone else. So for me it's only logical that he helps Lilly get together with Abby. Lilly is probably the only person in the story who loves Abby nearly as much as Frank does, he knows that she would never consciously do anything that would hurt Abby. So he has the advantage, from his point of view, that Abby might grow out of her crush on him, but he doesn't worry about her and still sees her as much as he does now, maybe less but not as much less as he would with a stranger.

And it also makes sense to establish Abby as an LI, I think. Lilly isn't exactly subtle about showing her feelings for Frank, even when Abby is around. Remember, in the beginning Lilly had a nip slip, Frank just points it out and she gets loud. A few weeks later, she undresses relatively casually in Frank's presence and cuddles up in bed with him. The only reasons I have that explain why Abby hasn't put 1+1 together yet will be that she lacks life experience and is probably rationalizing that Lilly is now overcompensating in this way for the last 10 years. Another theory is that although she has a suspicion, she doesn't voice it because she's worried that, at best, she'll embarrass herself again like in the first “Grabby Abby incident” shown or, at worst, Lilly will react so badly to it that she'll treat Frank the same way she has for the last 10 years.

Why it makes sense for Abby: As I said, Lilly isn't subtle, and sooner or later she's bound to do something Abby sees and confront them. I also think this is Becca's plan for Abby: Only by Abby showing initiative herself and telling them both “either you include me, or you can both forget about me” can Abby actively become part of this, and since Lilly and Frank don't want to lose Abby, they'll both have to comply.

As for Becca: she will definitely know by now whether Frank is her (biological) father or not. The preparations for this took place about 5 years before the current storyline and I can't imagine that a paternity test takes 5 years, even if you use carrier pigeons. And considering that Becca has hinted often enough that she would do the same with Lilly, I don't think she would mind if he was her biological father. That said, whether Frank is her father or a third unfortunate guy who ended up in Shannon's clutches, by the time Abby becomes LI, CNG will have to switch platforms with Single Again because Patreon would consider a sexual relationship between Frank and Abby to be incest.

Edit:
By the way, is it just me, or does anyone else think that Abby must have a cursed monkey's paw?

Abby wishes Lilly got along better with Frank: Lilly now cuddles up to Frank in Abby's presence while the three of them are in bed, and has no problem getting undressed in Frank's presence either.

Abby has always wished for biological (little?) siblings: her biological father turns up, who now has more children.

Frank really needs to teach Abby the saying “Be careful what you wish for, it might come true. Only different from what you think”.
Do you think Abby will start becoming more embolden, even with the restrictions imposed by Frank?

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Do you think Abby will start becoming more embolden, even with the restrictions imposed by Frank?
I think it will come down to that. After all, you can call it backstabbing when you consider who Frank is involved with: Not just Lilly, but also Becca, and Meiko. Casually, there's also Madison and the judge's daughter. If we ignore CNG's revision and assume that Lilly and Abby are dating, then Abby can still argue that at worst Lilly is cheating on her, at best she's still hiding her relationship with Frank, which runs parallel to the Abby-Lilly thing.

And even with the retcon on CNG's part, you can still argue a massive abuse of trust against Abby: Lilly more or less knows that Abby wants something from Frank (quote Lilith: “I don't trust her with you”) and Frank also knows about Abby's feelings. Enough reason for Abby to pull out the big guns and issue an ultimatum.

Maxxxed69

Jul 26, 2023
I think it will come down to that. After all, you can call it backstabbing when you consider who Frank is involved with: Not just Lilly, but also Becca, and Meiko. Casually, there's also Madison and the judge's daughter. If we ignore CNG's revision and assume that Lilly and Abby are dating, then Abby can still argue that at worst Lilly is cheating on her, at best she's still hiding her relationship with Frank, which runs parallel to the Abby-Lilly thing.

And even with the retcon on CNG's part, you can still argue a massive abuse of trust against Abby: Lilly more or less knows that Abby wants something from Frank (quote Lilith: “I don't trust her with you”) and Frank also knows about Abby's feelings. Enough reason for Abby to pull out the big guns and issue an ultimatum.
I was a bit surprised at first, when we took Ab's on the date and she almost figured us out. Only to say lil has a new "daddy" and not a new boyfriend.

I thought in the moment before the next line of text she figured us out. But, I'm sure there is a better way to have her figure it out and CNG knows that.

3.80 star(s) 207 Votes