Daz Single character lighting.

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
Hi
Is it possible to light characters and objects individually? So that the environment or other characters are affected.

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
Yes it is possible but you need to do this yourself so you can learn how

lighting is hardest thing to learn with daz what we might suggest what we like and not the way you like it

you need to create your own lighting setups

here one suggestion

create a plane between the character and object put the Opacity to 0.0000001 to 0.0000010 and have two spotlights on each side

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to reply. This is not really what I was asking. My problem is with people of different colors or translucency. EG a black character with light-skinned characters. Also, the plane would still affect the ground or objects in the same plane. I want to be able to "paint" objects/characters with light. Without having to create layers in PS. If that's possible. I know that there are creators who render characters and backgrounds separately. I am trying to do it all "in camera" per se.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
What I would suggest is looking for a good skin/shader instead to avoid such problems in general, not easy to find, but they are out there.