VN - Ren'Py - Sins of the Father [v0.8.1] [Kaffekop]

1. 3.00 star(s)

artburner2

Yeah that game seems kinda promising, will need to see more of it tho.

I'd like the Devs to be more forward witrh their taboo and make the scene more in line with that vision.

The title is a little misleading too!

But I like this and think there is good potential in the concept, keep going.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

WiseReader

Its a pity that this story is abandoned, it holds an interesting and intriguing plot. The sex scenes could be longer and the animation can be more detailed, but overall I liked it. I hope it will have new updates.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

sixpo2

I didnt enjoy the game as the reviews suggested. The renders and graphics are average. The story is not so enjoyable so skip function is quite useful. Accordingfto my opinion there is lack of the sex scenes. The game engine is standard so nothing wrong with that.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

spacezombie

I really don´t like this game.

The strory could be interesting is was a pretty good setup with the death of the father and everyone becoming depressed and do drugs. But the player doesn´t play through that we see in 5 minutes how everyone is being healed and everything is normal, why wasn´t that part of the game to try and heal your family?

The music is also terrible the famous sad song in the main menu just can´t be taken seriously anymore so from the beginning I had a bad taste in my mouth.

The models are very boring nothing more, like their personalitys.

The sex scenes were trasgh no animations.

The dialogue was very boring and I hate that you see the face of the character who is speaking on the bottom left it just seems cheap because of that.

The gameplay is just some choices nothing more.

So yeah I can only say don´t play it.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

whiterussian1974

Awesome story so far. I love the "spirit guide" and "celestial child" concepts. Also great points system.

TONS of characters. Just look at that stats screen!!!! I'm about to be neck deep in more than just mom and sisters. lol

I'm guessing that the dad was into organized crime and that's why he needed killed and why he had all of this "secret" money that he sunk into real estate, etc. To hide it from the IRS and law enforcement/enemies.

I'm fairly early in my playthrough, but I hope that the mom loses the weight like she wants and that I get to help her burn some of those calories in .... familial bliss. ♥

I wish that the younger sister was flatter chested. All of the women have good to large sized breasts. Some of us look for more variety. Also, I wish that young sis head red hair instead of MC. Ginger girls with freckles are HOT, as witnessed by so many AVN games.

I like the inclusion of several black potential LIs. Other than perhaps Marsha and Barbara, are there any Hispanic women? After all, it IS Arizona....
    And no Asian teens either? Come on! I should get some "blue ball" points just for no Asian teen content. lol

I wouldn't mind a single twink male LI also. Just a quick oral and anal scene to "let off some steam with buddies" type. MC isn't gay, but when in Greece....

I also like that images of MC's cock are reasonable. No baseball bat sized cock, or baby arm. Just a short thick cock when soft, that elongates out to a 7-8" prick when hard. Just like mine. :unsure:;)
  6. 3.00 star(s)

lvlup

Interesting game with nice renders. Everything passed prolog and before current halfway mark of content was very good, nicely paced and interesting. The further we got into the narrative the more boring and filler-esque it felt. I ended up mostly mashing space at the end.

The initial scenes and choices were nice. Especially perving on the girls early on. That unfortunately has been quickly taken away by having the corruption shift into higher gear too fast. Suddenly everyone gets very ok with jumping your bones or walking full naked around the house.

It's worth checking out but there is a lot of room to grow it into a better game.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

shamtiiomi

i hope dev continue this amazing story,both script and characters are very well done, i saw many good games[vn and others ]that devs left or are in hold that i really wish in time someone come a take those wonderful stories to the end
  8. 3.00 star(s)

ShepardRahl

Review of v0.7...

3 1/2 stars

Overall I liked the game for the most part. The story is interesting and the models and renders are beautiful. There are a few issues I have though...

The constant internal monologue of women’s bodies by the MC gets tiresome. I can understand doing it the very first time you meet a woman, but the MC does it every time he sees a woman whether he knows her or not.

If I had just moved into a new neighborhood and everybody who came to welcome me also wanted to jump into my pool at the same time, I would get irritated.

Also, it’s the MC’s house yet his family still gives him shit and his mother still orders him around. No way would I take that.

This isn't an issue unique to this game, but I really wish devs would free themselves of the notion that MILFs and giant cow tits somehow go hand in hand. Because they don't.

The most glaring issue...the script needs to go through a serious proofread. There are a few spelling errors here and there, but the main problem is the many unnecessary commas all over the place that are disrupting sentence structures.

I would recommend the game for the most part. I would like to say that I look forward to the finished product to see how the story plays out, but with the game being on hold and other reviewers commenting on infrequent and small updates it looks like that may not happen. But I sincerely hope I'm wrong.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Jolong22

Very interesting game so far. Quality of renders is good. Story has interesting plot and I like the mysterious touch in it. Maybe the character development is little bit weird, seemed quite rushed to me but I can't mark it as a con of this game. Overall, this game definetely deserves a try. It's a good looking one with interesting story plot. 7/10. [v0.7].
  10. 5.00 star(s)

gr33nappleboy

Usually I would gripe about not having animations in a game and without a doubt, having animations would elevate this game even further but even then, I don't think I minded it all that much

The renders and graphics are very well done and played a part in me being able to ignore the absence of animation. I found myself being drawn to an increasing amount of characters despite initially thinking I'd focus on a select few. The overall plot is similar to plenty we've seen on the site but there can only be so many ideas and premises to build a sex game on.

The overall writing is also pretty good. The technical terms thrown around are accurate as well as some historical aspects to explain some backstory

The only thing I'll say that has already been mentioned is that for a game that seems to have plenty of potential to drive the plot forward and make things juicier there, the dev changed tunes pretty damn quick to make it more of a smut game where everyone is free to go buck naked and eventually share each other within a week. Having them eventually do that is fine but almost immediately changing their temperament is a bit too convenient

Still overall a pretty interesting and fun game though with no shortage of sexual content
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 507366

Version Reviewed: 0.7

Pros
    • Good graphics and renders
    • Good writing
    • Fun to play
    • Interesting characters
    • Stat progression
    • Interesting plot twists and events

Cons
    • Lack of choices - Too much of the VN is forced when it doesn't need to be
    • Areola (area around the nipples) on all females is barely visible and lacks color. This is a turn-off on the female models and could have been easily fixed in the beginning.
    • Overall, the models are good but some of them have strange seems on them like they were sown or glued together (texture or mesh problems?)
    • All females in the game are big cock worshiping addicted sluts - some females should have different personalities and should be off limits or at least harder to bang.
    • No animation in the game
    • The personalities of your two sisters need much more attention
    • The story is contradictory. In the prologue it says the MC can't masturbate or have sex. Two minutes later all of that gets reversed when visiting the spirit trainer in a dream. Why even start the game off like that then?
    • Infrequent content updates
    • Small content updates

Final Thoughts

Overall, I had a fun time playing the game. The game is certainly not without its flaws. I don't understand the appeal for games where all the females are cock hungry sluts (give us some realism please). Not all players want an unbelievable fantasy (everyone throwing themselves at the MC because they heard he has a big dick and want to try it for themselves).

Some scenes are done really well. I thought the sex scene with Kathryn Lancaster was top notch. She was my favorite fuck in the game.

I rate the game 3.5 stars but since I can't I uprated it to 4 stars and gave the author the benefit of the doubt.

I do recommend the game and encourage others to give it a try.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Sir Ice

Great model rendering, the skin tone is my favorite so far. The bodies and faces are much more realistic than in other games.
    The above average towards interesting script keeps you from mindless skipping through the action.
    Replay factor is pretty big as different choices will lead to very different partners, some of them being missed altogether on the first few plays.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

leo_grouch

Played this since the beginning, not a bad story and graphics aren't bad. The killer is the content, it's been out for quite some time and amount of content has not caught up. Now it comes down to a few days at a time in content. Smaller updates is not going to win favor. Especially since players wait months and then Bam.. small update. It was a 4 star game, gone down to 3 because of lack of content.
  14. C
    2.00 star(s)

Czar Nathaniel

After playing v0.7, I think it's not different from other VNs. Storyline is absurd, only the Occult part is impressive. Very few VNs are made on these topic. So, these is a good adventure. Now, the family drama is weak and cliché. Why all VNs follow these same family format?? In every VN, the family of Protagonist consist of his Mother, two sisters and he is always middle sibling!!! I want to see a different Family format for Protagonist. But above all, the most embarrassing part are those sex scenes!!! Often I think, are these VN characters are humans, or aliens!!! The sexual activities between characters are beyond the logic of human biology and anatomy. The story try hard to look like real, but ultimately failed. Without great research and without in depth knowledge of human sexology, any erotica bound to be fail.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

Sesinho

This has really stupid plot shit going on and some things seem to me kind of easy. After a lot of "i shouldnt be doing this" it turns into a free for all pretty quick, with things happening with little to no reason, other than plot convenience.

The non sex parts where the story is being told, are possed kind of average, the sex parts are better, theres some interesting things, so it looks good overall.

I ignored most of the girls since i focused in JO so a lot of content was skipped, still its long enough.

The story is not very much interesting to me, and character development is kind of silly. The fact that the MC grew a massive dick and turned into a sex mary sue is less than appealing.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

braddave

I am impressed actually. Effect me deep... So many choices and paths, I feel I need to try everyone. Indeed, I start to... I knew if team had better hardware, it would be soo tasty. I can not wait new update, hard piece of work, congratulations!
  17. 5.00 star(s)

LaraWolfe

I had to take some time to figure out what I wanted to say before reviewing this game. Having played v0.7. And I'm still not really sure what to say about it...

The story is top notch, I'll give it that. It does remind me of "Dreams of Desire" just without the terrifying, nightmare inducing, horror show that is the coal black helper dude. I can't remember what is name was, but I remember he invaded me dreams. Anyhoosie, off topic.

I get that there is so much that is suppose to be a mystery, but I do feel that some of that mystery is being dragged out a little too much in order to keep it hidden. Though on another note I do like how the relationships are played out and being handled.

At first I was upset by the sudden truth about MC and Nat, but then as things went on I came to terms with accepting it. I kinda feel like Nat in that way.

The visuals are great as well. Mary looks her age, but is still sexy as hell. So are the other "older" women in the area. I like the explanation given for the backgrounds of the French Quarter, I think that was a very clever way of doing things on the developer's part.

So far it hits all the beats I would expect with the genre's it is portraying. I have some personal kinks that I wouldn't mind seeing come into play, one of which technically already has, but how it was done did nothing but piss me off. Bastard got what he deserved...

But yeah, 5 stars, easy. Great game, would recommend.
  18. 3.00 star(s)

Rotumaru

First of all, English is not my native language, so there may not be some mistakes in my writing.

With a tragic story that could make a lot of sense. Then the magic begins, and it's a genre that I usually don't like because it's so hard to fit in realistically. And this game is no exception.

Suddenly the MC has a much bigger cock (luckily he is not a monster like in other titles). One morning his mother and sister decide to start going topless around the house. His sister then begins to sleep with him naked without making any sense. and then his older sister joins the party. being topless too. And in a matter of 1 day the whole family goes naked around the house.

This is not well incorporated into the game and is done in a totally arbitrary way and this kills the mood.

If I had to score the following aspects from 1 to 5, this is how it would be.

Plot: 2

I am not a fan of the genre but this is not the reason, it is poorly integrated

Dialogues: 4

The conversations are good and the developer seems to worry about this aspect incorporating quite technical data

Renders: 4

Not perfect, but very good

Characters: 3
  19. 5.00 star(s)

ghost13

I went into this game expecting the usual empty the tissue box routine and not a whole lot else. But I've found myself sitting at my desk into the early morning hours glued to my screen by the incredible story in this game. Now with that said I have noticed quite a few grammatical issues; primarily out of place commas. Overall the story is really well done and the grammar, even with its issues, is well in the top handful of games I've played.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for updates on this one. I'm looking forward to seeing how this story unfolds

Review v0.7
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Ziltoid

First things first: Great game.
    Really nice story and character devolepment throughout the game.

Biggest let downs:

Renders could be better, although it's not bad at all.

Unfortunately no animations at all in the game.

Really engaging game, have fun playing it