Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
yeah... I've read the whole thread.
this was one of my most favorite game.
but it's "on hold" too long. I kinda lose the confidence for it.
well, then you do know about all troubles kaffekop had (not a long ago i think there was "abandoned" tag instead "on hold"), and that he is on the board again, posting updates and previews, every now and then..as for this game, and for the new game he plans to do in the future.
so we all can hope for the best regarding this great game and its developer (y)

yueziyue

May 12, 2018
well, then you do know about all troubles kaffekop had (not a long ago i think there was "abandoned" tag instead "on hold"), and that he is on the board again, posting updates and previews, every now and then..as for this game, and for the new game he plans to do in the future.
so we all can hope for the best regarding this great game and its developer (y)
hope so...
I really like this game...

Reactions: filochard

sandstorm1872

Sep 6, 2018
hope so...
I really like this game...
Kaffekop is in regular touch with his patrons and the fans of the game on this forum too. From my latest chat with him, I can confirm that the game is planned till version 2.0 and as he had friends visiting him this weekend for the first time since the lockdown, the final touches to the 0.7 are delayed. I think given the situation in the US with the pandemic, the protests and his health in general, I think we need to cut him quite some slack.

Reactions: Harlequin1229

tack1xxx

Mar 16, 2018
Kaffekop is in regular touch with his patrons and the fans of the game on this forum too. From my latest chat with him, I can confirm that the game is planned till version 2.0 and as he had friends visiting him this weekend for the first time since the lockdown, the final touches to the 0.7 are delayed. I think given the situation in the US with the pandemic, the protests and his health in general, I think we need to cut him quite some slack.
US ? i had the felling he lives in Denmark ? im wrong ?

Reactions: filochard

BuckyOHare

Oct 14, 2018
US ? i had the felling he lives in Denmark ? im wrong ?
I was honestly expecting Scandinavia at least, with that name. But that's not particularly relevant to all the stuff he has going on, regardless. I do hope he feels better.

EDIT: 1 Regardless per line of text is enough.

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
I am indeed from Denmark.
Had the kids, spouses and grand kids visit me for the weekend and help me out with a lot of stuff around the house, that I'm unable to do myself anymore. It was a "fathers day" thing.
Lovely weekend, however I, of course, ended up making dinner and tried to help out with some of the stuff. It's difficult not to try. Suffering the consequences, as per usual.

Cheers - Kaffekop

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Had played this during the early times when I first found this f95zone site.. Stuck with me. Put out a
Trying to remember the name of the game that still haunts me. yesterday? Pretty damn happy with the results.
It's been awhile.. and it's all kinda hazy.. THIS is the best I remember it.. possibly some wrong points but hey, I'm gonna give it a shot.

Father, son, Mom, daughter(s)? The biggest scene that I somewhat remember was.. Eating supper at the family table and a bad guy bursts in.. The dad is shot and killed.. everybody is running.. and the son somehow (with his mind?) kills the attacker.. believe the son ends up in the hospital.. Widow turns to booze.. etc the family is kinda torn apart..

There is another dimension involved and cut scenes show a woman?/entity that threatens the family? It was a great game and kinda towards the beginning of my time here.. before I started really writing comments.. Nowdays use my comments to locate the games I like to revisit.. This one still haunts me.
Been playing it again ever since.. Happy with the world at the moment.. and glad to see 'The Denmark Kid' is active doing ok. Hope the extended family weekend was AWESOME!

Reactions: sandstorm1872

sandstorm1872

Sep 6, 2018
Had played this during the early times when I first found this f95zone site.. Stuck with me. Put out a
Trying to remember the name of the game that still haunts me. yesterday? Pretty damn happy with the results.

Been playing it again ever since.. Happy with the world at the moment.. and glad to see 'The Denmark Kid' is active doing ok. Hope the extended family weekend was AWESOME!
That scene got me hooked up until that I was almost about to give it up. After which, the grand spoiler MC's mother isn't his birth mother, then who is she? even ticked it up a notch. My only gripe, as many others have also noted, I would rather have the MC's expression adjusted a bit as there were quite some stills where he looked like a proper creep/perv. Maybe adding some naive, confused expressions could do the trick? Kaffekop do you agree?

sandstorm1872

Sep 6, 2018
Hey Kaffekop, are we close to the release of the latest update? Thanks.
Actually, it's high time we had 0.7 so that we could move on to 0.8. Last I remember, I played the bugfix 0.6.1 in May 2019. Granted that Kaffekop went through a rollercoaster of health issues but he's fairly active in the past few months and from what I gather, 0.7 is almost ready. It'll be great if ardent fans (like me ;-)) at least have a beta, we give feedback and KK can then fix the bugs to shelve out a polished version.

That being said, if the game is planned for 2.0 and KK is already moving on to Project X as he teased, it is best for him to get more bandwidth - better rig, more artists/devs and writers. AFAIK, there's only 1 more person, who writes/tests before the release, which for the planned SotF and further projects is too short but I confess I don't know what's the team setup. That can get the positive circle going ; bigger team --> consistent update cycle --> more patrons --> steady income stream --> faster updates.

There are so few games here where you take the time to download, play, get hooked to the story, invest in the characters, want to see them have a deserved ending. If you get super hot scenes, IMHO, that's the bonus despite these VN's intended purpose. SotF is one of them, it's sad to see it not getting the limelight it deserves and it will only happen if people play it often.

Reactions: johnelros

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018

Heya all .
A bit of good news for a change - yay!
I'm down to the last four scenes and with nothing planned for the weekend I should be able to get that done by Monday.
This is of course followed by a hectic few days of coding before a select few others get to have a go at it. This means that, we are looking at a release date of around the end of June for the top tier patrons and five days later for every other patron.

Have a good weekend and stay safe.

Cheers - Kaffekop

Last edited:

Cab-boe

Dec 7, 2018
The MEGA link asks for a decryption key. All other sites bar NOPY have broken links.
Just thought you aught to know.

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
.... have you ever gone to the page of a game to write about it and couldn't come up with diddly because words just failed you? One of the first games I played here and honestly the reason I remained. Do you know how hard it is to find others that stack up to this one? Few and far between they are.. Sins of the Father is the yardstick I compare others to. Honestly I have found a few that do measure up and that's what makes it all worthwhile.

I feel like Indiana Jones searching and searching.. but when I finally hit the motherlode I get to keep the treasure.

sandstorm1872

Sep 6, 2018
BarbarrossaNA

Thank you so much for those kind words. I hope that i can live up to such high praise.
Thank you for playing and enjoying it :)

Cheers - Kaffekop
You deserve all that praise KK. It's a shame that you don't get more as you truly deserve it.

Out of curiosity, would the identity of the mystery girl on the game splash screen be revealed? Or did I miss her name?

Reactions: Daiju Fuma

Kaffekop

Game Developer
Jul 23, 2017
You deserve all that praise KK. It's a shame that you don't get more as you truly deserve it.

Out of curiosity, would the identity of the mystery girl on the game splash screen be revealed? Or did I miss her name?
Thank you. I've never been very comfortable with praise. It sets up this weird stress inside me, to not let people down, and to try and do more and better.
It's sometimes debillitating, but it's also something I'm working on in therapy.

You will get some revalations about that girl in 0.8

Cheers - Kaffekop

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
Hmm, well if you have trouble with praise, then I'll try to make you more comfortable.

You are SCUM for creating these WONDERFUL models. You are EVIL for giving us this GREAT story. You are a POOPY-HEAD for building a game that I and others like so much.

Did that work?? Are you feeling better?? :) Take the time you need, and do NOT stress out. If you do feel stress take a deep breath and remember that this is supposed to be for FUN.

Just a thought.

4.10 star(s) 66 Votes