SKIN BUILDER 8

rowar

Apr 14, 2020
Hi, want to ask someone who work with Skin builder 8 . Few days ago everything went ok, what I saved could open the next day, but yesterday and today any skin modified with skin builder I cant reopen. Theres parts of body skin missing and constantly open icons of files missing, even I did nothing with program, neither with the project- only saved and then opened.

Is there a way how to fix it or just stop using skin builder?

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
Pretty sure every person who uses Skin Builder runs into this when the first start using it.

As below, it sets a temp directory for all the maps it will be making while you design your skin:

1588299333119.png

The important step you are likely missing is found on this tab:

1588299535310.png

Here, you set the final output directory where your new maps will be written and assign prefixes for the material presets it creates. If you don't do this after you finish making the new skin, it won't actually save your maps and they'll be removed from the temp directory when Daz next starts. This is almost certainly why you are seeing those messages. Like I said, almost everyone does.

As far as SB goes, it's a nice, versatile product, but if I remember correctly, the skin was render heavy, unlike something like A.G.S. Anagenessis or Altern8. Pick your poison, though - it's all a learning experience.

Reactions: HoneyMan and rowar