Seeking Slow Burn games that have good story/character development

wilkwild6896

Jan 6, 2022
I am looking for games that have a slow burn that don't go straight to sex that have good story/character development.
I have played several i enjoyed like Avalon, Petal Among Thorns, Leap of Faith, Summers Gone, Where It All Began, Price of Power, Light of My life, 16 Years Later, Halfway House and a few others i can't remember the name of. (surprised i remembered that many)
I prefer games that are 3dcg with a male protagonist but will play 2d games as long as it doesn't look like a 3 year old's drawings.
I don't like NTR, Swinging, MMF, MM, Futa/trans or mind control content.

I Looked through a bunch of the old threads of other people looking for games like this most of the posts are a year or more old and most of the games recommended are either abandoned onhold or the updates take so long to come out its not really worth trying at the moment and pretty much all of the threads that are newer i have played the games people have recommended.

I have been looking for a while for good games i haven't played like this without much luck would really appreciate any recommendations.

Last edited:
Reactions: EnmaEcchi

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
I would recommend Unbroken, maybe I am a little biased about this game because the story speaks to me(the PTSD stuff and getting adjusted to civilian life because I am ex-military) but its a great story driven game IMO.
This dev got another game before Unbroken but It's not as good.

I would also recommend Our Red String, it's 2D but the art style is excellent IMO. The story got a little worse in the 11th chapter but it's good overall. It's actually the game that got me into VN'n. The game got NTR in it but you can avoid it.

Another recommendation is Elvensang, just finished playing it yesterday and the story is great, the art style might not be to your liking but the story is totally worth it.

Broken Dreamers is good too,got tons of sex in it but the story is good too, I didnt play the last 2 chapters yet so the story might have gone bad but I doubt it.

Corporate culture is another one, nice story driven game.

wilkwild6896

Jan 6, 2022
Corporate culture
Thanks for the recommendation. I have played corporate culture in the past and i liked it but i haven't played the latest update yet.

You might like these.

https://f95zone.to/threads/chasing-sunsets-v0-8a-stone-fox-studios.62625/

https://f95zone.to/threads/single-again-v1-20-clever-name-games.46941/
Single again has an ntr warning, there is NO ntr in it, just backstory scenes about your ex who is not a LI.
Thanks for the recommendations. Chasing Sunsets and Single Again are 2 of my favorites can't wait for the next update for both of them especially Chasing Sunsets.

I would recommend Unbroken, maybe I am a little biased about this game because the story speaks to me(the PTSD stuff and getting adjusted to civilian life because I am ex-military) but its a great story driven game IMO.
This dev got another game before Unbroken but It's not as good.

I would also recommend Our Red String, it's 2D but the art style is excellent IMO. The story got a little worse in the 11th chapter but it's good overall. It's actually the game that got me into VN'n. The game got NTR in it but you can avoid it.

Another recommendation is Elvensang, just finished playing it yesterday and the story is great, the art style might not be to your liking but the story is totally worth it.

Broken Dreamers is good too,got tons of sex in it but the story is good too, I didnt play the last 2 chapters yet so the story might have gone bad but I doubt it.

Corporate culture is another one, nice story driven game.
Thanks for the Recommendations. I have played Unbroken, Broken Dreamers and Corporate Culture before. I haven't played the last 2 updates of Broken Dreamers either because i want to replay from the beginning but i haven't be able to make myself start it because it is really long. As i said above i haven't played the last update for Corporate Culture yet. Unbroken is one of my favorites STWAdev really knows how to tell a story both of his games are pretty good.
I have never played Red String or Elvensang before. Elvensang is on my list to try at some point. I have seen Red String a few times but always avoided it because is doesn't say NTR is avoidable in the forum for it and i don't really like 2dcg if it had 100% avoidable NTR and a good story i might have played it but never really cared for NTR.

If you guys have any other games along the lines of what you recommended send them my way maybe i haven't played them.

Last edited:

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
Thanks for the recommendation. I have played corporate culture in the past and i liked it but i haven't played the latest update yet.

Thanks for the recommendations. Chasing Sunsets and Single Again are 2 of my favorites can't wait for the next update for both of them especially Chasing Sunsets.

Thanks for the Recommendations. I have played Unbroken, Broken Dreamers and Corporate Culture before. I haven't played the last 2 updates of Broken Dreamers either because i want to replay from the beginning but i haven't be able to make myself start it because it is really long. As i said above i haven't played the last update for Corporate Culture yet. Unbroken is one of my favorites STWAdev really knows how to tell a story both of his games are pretty good.
I have never played Red String or Elvensang before. Elvensang is on my list to try at some point. I have seen Red String a few times but always avoided it because is doesn't say NTR is avoidable in the forum for it and i don't really like 2dcg if it had 100% avoidable NTR and a good story i might have played it but never really cared for NTR.
In Our Red String NTR is avoidable because you control 2 protagonists who can cuck each other basically but it's totally your choice.

Elvensang is highly recommended if you put story above all.