Ren'Py Slow launch [SOLVED]

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I am developing this game: Overlord H and every once in a while, I get people having problems launching the game... It always end up that it takes longer than expected to actually boot, which is a pretty long wait (around 1 minute in average).

As far as I know, Ren'Py loads up all the .rpy files at the start... I suspect that is why it takes a while to boot.
Is there any solution to that? Maybe a way to force a single .rpy to load first so I can make a "Loading" screen?

-edit-
Sam helped me fix the issue, it was a problem with my code, not related to Ren'Py.
Thanks Sam!

Last edited:

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
The issue in my case was focused solely on the gallery code: I had two functions used for scaling, they took the image size and screen size as parameters, then used im.FactorScale.

I had thought the culprit was im.FactorScale used for every single image in the gallery, but that was not the case.
The problem was simply taking the scale values by comparing screen size with the image size... Something totally unnecessary since Ren'Py takes care of that automatically, stupid me forgot about this when I wrote those functions.