Ren'Py - Slugs and Bugs: Conversion [v0.8.7 Public] [Anaximanes]

1. 2.00 star(s)

spacezombie

The game has a good concept and I like the models, music is fine too.

But the gameplay is very awful you have to grind and read the same dialogue so many times it ruins the whole game for me the sex scenes aren´t even good they are just background sprites with bad camera angles.

But I still like the transformation fetish here a lot so if you like transformation you can try it.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Alpheriy

A bit buggy combat (Pun intended) and dicent transformation/mindbreak.
    Hope things could be ironed out. I'd also love to see a flashed out end goal/progression for troops and base, new characters and units. Menu interractions a bit easy to break with reapeated presses and time skeeps sometimes jump over defence phase entirly. There is a lot of potenital in this one, in my pervy oppinion.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Rheavon

I would love to give this a higher rating. If Parasite/bugs, Corruption, Monsters is your jam, the renders are really nice and the individual progression is enticing.

It loses points from me though for feeling samey once you have seen one girl's scenes, you have seen them all. Each scene in a chamber, regardless of the prisoner is a copy and paste of the rest. Some of the text differs slightly (Sometimes) and the girl's model in the scene is different, but what happens in the scene with the room, and the your voice/narrator always says the same thing. Some of the rooms being very simple in what they do.

Also the grind is silly. I like the idea that a character has a weakness you can figure out and exploit, but the only effect is a slight reduction to the grind of having to repeat scenes. I would forgive the the same scene more if each girl's weakness room had unique images for her there.

Lastly, I'm really not sure what the combat is. I did it once, got to pick my minion to go up against whatever was there to fight...sit and watch as they run at each other back and forth until something died. It barely adds anything to the game, and I would be much harder on it if I wasn't able to just turn it off and ignore that part exists.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

libertypics

I wish I could give it a 4, simply for it's uncommon content. If you can dig this sort of stuff (I can) you don't have as many options as some other fets get. Unfortunately, I've got to settle with 3 for now.

It's not the most playable game, I often just check out the updated cg every other update or so to avoid replaying it each time, and a lot of it's renders suffer from just being the same positions with slightly different base models. If you've seen one you've seen much of them all. It could also use another layer or two of change/impregnation levels with each model.

It's not 'bad' though. It's decent and if you like this type of content, it's one of the only games right now churning out semi regular updates so it's one of your only choices.

3 stars, hoping as it continues to develop it adds and refines content to raise that.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

ConsoleCog

A really interesting game, every update usually contains a lot of content. Simple mechanics and fun to play with a lot of content! Looking forward to more releases, there's quite a few girls. Only two are implemented at the time of this review (One on a patreon release) I am curious as to what the end game is with it!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

kcoope89

Terrific corruption, great animation and dialog, but the grind is nearly unbearable. There should be a way to play this on easy or hard without wasting a day to get to the end in my opinion.

If you like this game though, you should check out Giggle Night by the same game maker. No grind, multiple paths, much better!

UPDATE:

Based off of fan feedback the developer made the game to be as difficult, or easy as you'd like. Super appreciate this, thanks Anaximanes!
  7. 2.00 star(s)

ara1111

Eh. Far too grindy. I took to simply holding CTRL and mash clicking the top left to rapid-fire through training because you gain like 1-3% corruption per mostly indentical scene. Log on the chick says being spychic makes her more vulnerable to a certain type of corruption, but there was no visible difference in corruption gained and it takes longer to not just spam click top left.

You spam click through the same scene to see the girl go through 5 stages of corruption. Think it was 5. Can't go back. So if you liked a certain stage design or dialogue, better have made a backup.
    Scenes per stage up to 5 are being bred or being corrupted. Corruption changes animations with her levels, dialogue, etc. Breeding does only dialogue with exception to the futa demon chick who gets new positions.
    So you spam click 20 times the same scene, it changes, see the new version once, then spam click 19 more times. Repeat until you've seen it all.

Girls corruption is weird. She starts out fine, takes her tits out, gets glowy green eyes, loses them and looks more human then before, then suddenly changes into a monster girl. An ugly one. Green eye should be later than it is.

Once girl is in the last stage, you lose the ability to do any corruption actions, even just for fun or because watching her suck off a tentacle is fun. You can still breed her. And you can fuck her yourself, as a reskinned version of one of the torture options. 3 actions available. So you gain 3 actions, but lose 6. Its a down grade.

Tone down the absurd grind and I wouldn't rate it so low, but at the same time, the game doesn't really have much to it beyond the grind. There's combat but you can just spam click corruption seemingly infinitely without ending the day and never have to interact with it at all.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

TimmyLangstrumpf

This game is truly something,
    I think that this game is jsut a perfect corruption/sci-fi game with very distinctive artstyle.
    There is atm only one woman but I´m optimstic that this game will become a great one.

As of 0.3:
    All charactershave the same positions with no individuality whatsoever. I like the desgins but everything is the same for all characters, there is no personality in them.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Gilbertfred

This game is a corruption lovers best friend, not only do you get to slowly break women to your will, they transform too. The only gripe I can muster the that this game is still in it's infancy and as such you can only corrupt one of the girls (mind you, you can completely corrupt her).
  10. 5.00 star(s)

explore

As I am fond of games which go beyond reality, which are mean but do nevertheless show respect of, well, women. It is fiction, hence the protagonist must not be "real" in my opinion. And of course, as it is a whole organism that performs its power on the protagonist, a male player must neither miss a human-like male protagonist in order to identify himself as part of the story. No, the male protagonist is within the whole alien organism.

I will not say no to lewd fetishes if they warrant the due respect of the protagonist who is serving the player with excitement.

Go on, developer.

PS: Anaximandros or Anaximenes, on which of those you make reference? Both are presocratic philosophers. Gollum would call you nasty.