HTML Sluttown USA: Hometown Corruption [v0.39] [AmusingOddity]

3.60 star(s) 27 Votes

Elektrosumo

May 12, 2018
Code:
SugarCube.State.variables.charge=10000
done that already. i mean the constant " you already affected her mind " wait for this and that. tomorrow/ different location. Oh no the pool doesnt work go to the park. ah now the pool doesnt work now go to the park. being tedious for the sake of being tedious

malcolmalbie

Oct 8, 2018
"Intro 5": What do you and $karlee Call her? - s/Call/call/
$youLL doesn't have title and lowercase versions, so whatever you have her call you is permanently that case (probably should have a title case version for the start of sentences)

done that already. i mean the constant " you already affected her mind " wait for this and that. tomorrow/ different location. Oh no the pool doesnt work go to the park. ah now the pool doesnt work now go to the park. being tedious for the sake of being tedious
JavaScript:
["abella","aj","alex","brandi","chase","dill","doc","elliot","eva","gia","hack","holly","india","isa","jess","joan","joss","karlee","kat","kena","kenna","khloe","leah","lisa","mona","nikita","nina","noelle","penny","per","quinn","reiko","rina","romi","ryann","shae","sofi","ver","xev"].forEach(n=>SugarCube.State.variables[n+"AppPause"]=0)

Reactions: Elektrosumo
Jan 18, 2021
The game is designed to encourage you to progress with multiple characters simultaneously. When you have to wait until the next day to influence a girl, you can still do things with two or three other girls during the same day. Or you can earn money or improve your coding skills. There is always something to do.

$youLL doesn't have title and lowercase versions, so whatever you have her call you is permanently that case (probably should have a title case version for the start of sentences)
I tried to convince AmusingOddity to use Javascript objects for the NPCs, with properties defining the relationships so that it would be easier to capitalize some words automatically, to keep track of gender changes, etc. Using objects for the NPCs can also greatly simplify the code for the in-game Guide, for the Stats page, etc. I haven't managed to convince AmusingOddity yet, but I am not giving up. ;)

JavaScript:
["abella","aj","alex","brandi","chase","dill","doc","elliot","eva","gia","hack","holly","india","isa","jess","joan","joss","karlee","kat","kena","kenna","khloe","leah","lisa","mona","nikita","nina","noelle","penny","per","quinn","reiko","rina","romi","ryann","shae","sofi","ver","xev"].forEach(n=>SugarCube.State.variables[n+"AppPause"]=0)
Nice trick. But just like with the built-in cheats for patrons, using that too often could turn the game into a series of 30+ independent visual novels. Focusing on one NPC at a time and ignoring the other ones could become boring after a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sir Anal

Elektrosumo

May 12, 2018
"Intro 5": What do you and $karlee Call her? - s/Call/call/

JavaScript:
thank you very much

Jan 18, 2021
What am I doing wrong?
Are you sure that you have opened that console from the game page and not from some other web page such as this forum?

Please check that the game page is active and has the keyboard focus before you try opening the console with F12 or before right-clicking and selecting "Inspect".

Try typing SugarCube.State.variables.charge (without the equals sign). This should show you the current value of that variable. If it doesn't, then you are probably using a console for the wrong window.

thebest2598

Jul 14, 2017
I think the script for AJ is broken? I am trying her on both the public and private route but the screen turn blank during step 8 & step 17 of the respective route. Even after restarting from the beginning, it is still not working. Is anyone else encountering this issue?

TheHighlander

Jan 26, 2018
Is there an easy way to reset routes? I have completed the private route for Eli but do I have to start again to start the public route, seems like a lot of faff to start the whole game again for one or two characters.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
I think the script for AJ is broken? I am trying her on both the public and private route but the screen turn blank during step 8 & step 17 of the respective route. Even after restarting from the beginning, it is still not working. Is anyone else encountering this issue?
If you post your save I'll have a look at it for you and see whats up.

Is there an easy way to reset routes? I have completed the private route for Eli but do I have to start again to start the public route, seems like a lot of faff to start the whole game again for one or two characters.
No way to reset I'm afraid. A lot of characters set flags for other characters, trying to do resets would introduce a million conflicts and bugs. It is worth having more than one save on the go, as each character will have Public and Private routes.

Reactions: TheHighlander

Madarahyuuga

Feb 6, 2020

No way to reset I'm afraid. A lot of characters set flags for other characters, trying to do resets would introduce a million conflicts and bugs. It is worth having more than one save on the go, as each character will have Public and Private routes.
Do you have a folder with these route saves? I've restarted the game several times due to a new route and lost the saves I had

thebest2598

Jul 14, 2017

Here they are.

Ariko123

Aug 31, 2019
So I extract all four packs into the Sluttown USA folder simultaneously using 7-zip and it asks if I want to replace certain files. It doesn't matter whether I say yes or no or to rename, it all results in the game not showing all the images, only some of them. I also tried to extract each pack individually then merging them all into a singular folder manually but same issue, have to replace files or not and regardless of choice, the game only shows like half the images. All the folders are there as far as I'm aware, Dreams, Icons, Locations, Misc, Nav, People and Shop.
Got the same problem, downloaded it from gofile

TheHighlander

Jan 26, 2018

Thanks for that info, if I had known there was different routes that needed new starts I would have done that. Having to start again at the beginning for each new route is not really something I am interested in time wise as I had completed everything up to this point, I think. Good luck with the game though, I enjoyed it up until now!!

Reactions: AmusingOddity

1Teddy1

May 17, 2018
AJ's public route is impossible to do because you have to have Alex on her private route unless I'm missing some way to get Alex on her public route.

3.60 star(s) 27 Votes