Daz Smart Content Search display no results for words I know are there. This Normal?

JohnSheridan

Apr 13, 2018
Within the picture provided you can see on the right there is a pose called MP Confused.
On the left of the picture I've typed 'Confused' into the search bar and it displays no results.
Is this normal or is some setting off/on or something?
I am #confused. lol
Confused Search.jpg

Saint_RNG

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2018
You need to select All Files (the selection is indicated when it is yellow, see the screenshot below) for your search to target something. If you want to be more specific, select Poses, By Function or Action (this is an example) to narrow your search as much as possible.

1720805541946.png

Turning Tricks

Rendering Fantasies
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2022
Within the picture provided you can see on the right there is a pose called MP Confused.
On the left of the picture I've typed 'Confused' into the search bar and it displays no results.
Is this normal or is some setting off/on or something?
I am #confused. lol
View attachment 3824851
Just to add to what Saint_RNG said above...

Not all content is shown under the Smart Content tab. It depends on how it was installed and if there's accompanying Meta Data for that asset. Usually, if you installed it using the DIM utility, then it will be in the Smart Content. But if it was installed manually and/or wasn't a DAZ store purchase, you might only find it under the Content tab instead.

Honestly, it's a real art finding things in DAZ. There's usually several ways of doing it. And just to make it even more confusing and frustrating, there are frequent times when an asset maker doesn't do the meta data properly, or they make typos in names and directories. I got into the habit of looking through the install files at the names of the runtime and textures directories just to help me find shit. Like you look for a character by name and can't find them. So you dig into the runtime folder and see that the creator put it under some weird trade name or something. That sort of thing.

As for poses... personally, I almost always use the Pose Tab on the right instead of looking for it in the Smart Content or the regular Content tabs. And I do the same for expressions except I'll look under Actor --> Pose Controls -->Expressions from the Parameters tab. This way I find them easier when filtering and they all have sliders, unlike the click for 100% versions under the Content tabs.

Reactions: AgentOrange