RPGM Daz Smooth Animations in RPGMaker like in Treasure of Nadia?

Nov 18, 2021
I've been trying to figure out how Treasure of Nadia displays full screen animations in RPGMaker so smoothly, and I'm completely stumped.

I know for sure its made in RPGMaker (probably MV), and uses Daz for its renders (and possibly a 3rd party program for animation?) Thats all fine and good. However, I'm wondering what the process is like for actually displaying the animations in engine.

They're not using the "Play Movie" function because you can still interact with progressing text and making decisions while the animation plays, which the "Play Movie" function doesnt support (its also because "Play Movie" is a buggy, laggy mess). And I dont think theyre just manually showing each frame either, because while it does work, it lags siginificantly in all of my tests (on animations that run completely fine in proper video formats).

Does anyone have any ideas? Id love to know for displaying my own animations in my game.

Pink Petal

Jan 29, 2020
I've been trying to figure out how Treasure of Nadia displays full screen animations in RPGMaker so smoothly, and I'm completely stumped.

I know for sure its made in RPGMaker (probably MV), and uses Daz for its renders (and possibly a 3rd party program for animation?) Thats all fine and good. However, I'm wondering what the process is like for actually displaying the animations in engine.

They're not using the "Play Movie" function because you can still interact with progressing text and making decisions while the animation plays, which the "Play Movie" function doesnt support (its also because "Play Movie" is a buggy, laggy mess). And I dont think theyre just manually showing each frame either, because while it does work, it lags siginificantly in all of my tests (on animations that run completely fine in proper video formats).

Does anyone have any ideas? Id love to know for displaying my own animations in my game.
Not sure if you're still looking for it or not, but if you're, it's called the YSP_VideoPlayer

You can find it here :

Make sure you read through the thread posts though as you'll need a couple of the patches people have made.