Seeking So, I need some platformer/side scroller recommendations, I'll also share the ones I played.

northhhh

Sep 2, 2020
So, just recently I randomly picked up the two LAB games, still alive and underground, and liked them enough. But, I crave more. The kind of games I'm looking for can probably be understood from the ones I played;

- Anthophobia (my favorite, literal peak of platformer/side scroller imo)
- LaB Still Alive (good enough, a bit confusing, controls are hard to adjust to, but nice enough graphics and close to decent animations. dont regret playing it though.)
-LaB 2:Underground (better than first game, easier controls, better graphics, better heroine (imo) and basically everything is better, though it's a bit easy)
-Parasite City (I think this one is a classic, it's decent, really good animations though. CG's are a nice addition)
- Shinobi girl and Kung Fu Girl (way worse in terms of quality and they arent platformes but the art appealed to me, and the alternate outfits in shinobi girl are pretty good, they're good games if you got nothing to do)

I also tried Future Fragments, it's good but.. I don't like it as much as the others, mostly because it's almost "too good", I'm looking for more simpler ones. (or maybe I just dont like the vibe of it because it's not japanese made.)

Basically, I'd love recommendations of games that are similar to these.
(side note, buchikome high kick is a game of all time, for those who know it, i'd love recommendations for very similar games like that one. just putting this here.)

northhhh

Sep 2, 2020
Try this ones here.
I just checked them all, none of them looked that interesting sadly.
If anything, I mostly only like japanese made ones (those just happen to fit my taste more) and these games looked meh, most of them werent japanese made.
I also have a thing that I hate oversized/large assets for women and most games happen to focus on very very big boobies, which is sad for me. I just hope the ones i played weren't like, the only things in the genre that i could like :/