Ren'Py So ive made a game

DoAdventures

Let's begin the adventure
Game Developer
Aug 6, 2022
Hello all, firstly I'll apologise if this is in the wrong place, which I'm going to assume I have. I'm looking for some assistance where possible. I've made my game and it works exactly as intended but at the moment it is only text based. I am and multiple choice erotic writer by trade and have over 26 stories with one main protagonist. If anyone is familiar with chyoa, I am the author of the Jessica’s Choices series.

My problem is this, I like games like glamour, bright past, meeting her and desert stalker for the visual representation but I don't have the visuals :( I've had a play around with blender, CC4 and DAZ 3D but I can't seem to be able to get anything near what these games have.

My question is, are these models made by the developers or are these models available and can they then be adapted?

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
They are purchased, usually via daz3d, renderosity and/or renderotica; Add '.com' to the domains I have specified. I made a simple guide on "how to make simple, not sucky 3d art" to help people with their first renders. Creating "OKis" renders is not so hard and if your strength lies with the story, many people will forgive non-stellar art.

Good luck!

DoAdventures

Let's begin the adventure
Game Developer
Aug 6, 2022
They are purchased, usually via daz3d, renderosity and/or renderotica; Add '.com' to the domains I have specified. I made a simple guide on "how to make simple, not sucky 3d art" to help people with their first renders. Creating "OKis" renders is not so hard and if your strength lies with the story, many people will forgive non-stellar art.

Good luck!
Thank you very much for the above. I'm going to give it a try. See what I can achieve without spending too much on it. I'll perhaps get Patreon setup once again too in a bid to afford the better looking visuals, if there is enough interest. It was certainly well received within Chyoa and Literotica - so I know the content will be good. At somepoint, I'll want to merge them all into a sandbox game with the multiple choices and the different strands.

For anyone that has read them, will know about Prison, Forced and Another Life, but I have new content just waiting to go.