So.. I've made my first game.

c74

Oct 8, 2017
My goal is going to be creating games like NN, PF, Fallen(Rpgs with an J-ish Style).

The thing is, i have just started and will probably get laughted at when i put my game on a platform.

So I want to ask where it could be posted, so I can get some feedback (This Website and some subreddits come to my mind, but open for other ideas).

PS: I dont really know where I could post it here, since it borrows CG(only images), and I'd rather deliver something which is mine

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
So basically you are looking for play testers, is that what you are saying?
This is (I think) one of the better sites to ask (also welcome to the site! :D ).
If you are also looking to improve your work, but not sure how, this is also a great place.
Art wise, I myself always recommend blender, or using blender as a base for 2d art. Many user use daz.
Tons of experienced users here from rags, twine, renpy, unity to custom game engines are around to help and code.
I am not sure how sharing of games works on this form, usually you need to upload to a site that will distribute your files. if you are still testing, you can always just use a link to it if you put it in your google drive.

Reactions: Nottravis and Rich

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
The thing is, i have just started and will probably get laughted at when i put my game on a platform.
First, you might be surprised at how much even experienced game developers get nitpicked at, so do NOT lose faith if some cold, heartless person says mean things about your efforts.

Second, this site is actually a great place to get feedback, as @Saki_Sliz says, since there are a ton of people here who've been in the exact same boat as you. What I'd suggest is that you first post your game here in the programming section, rather than over in the Games forum - the folks over there seem to have higher expectations, whereas the folks lurking in this forum are all about improving their own capabilities, and are likely to give you constructive and non-destructive feedback.

This is the only way we learn - by doing, being brave enough to show our early efforts, soliciting feedback and going from there.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Don't let people laughing at you let down tho, behind that there is often a good reason and you have to learn from it.
Accepting and learning from criticism, however harsh it may be, is part of game development too imho.

Reactions: Rich and Nottravis

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Don't let people laughing at you let down tho, behind that there is often a good reason and you have to learn from it.
Accepting and learning from criticism, however harsh it may be, is part of game development too imho.
In a perfect world, they wouldn't laugh or be harsh, they'd say "well, maybe, but if it had been me, I'd have done X..."

Sadly, even this site isn't a perfect world. But "Illegitimi non carborundum."