Others So to star with Daz3D honestly

ApatiaMax

Sep 9, 2022
Maybe it's not the right place (but I hope it is :sneaky: )
I'm a c# coder so I know pretty well Unity, and about 20y experienced with 3DS Max, for a bunch of times I try to develop my own Skyrim, but lately I've been passionate about adult games and visual novels, so today I've installed Daz3D and I've watched a bunch of tutorials and browsed a bit around renderotica to see the assets that I would need.
.... OK I digressed enough.

The question is, can I use Daz3D as it is to create a game and start a Patreon without warring too much about license and stuff, or I should check the *Interactive License $50.00 every time that I purchase something from their store? :unsure:

I ask because if not, I could spare at lease about 200€uros if I've made my count correctly
Thanks and sorry if I was long-winded and/or I got the channel wrong.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
The question is, can I use Daz3D as it is to create a game and start a Patreon without warring too much about license and stuff, or I should check the *Interactive License $50.00 every time that I purchase something from their store? :unsure:
Whether or not you need the Interactive License depends on whether you're going to be taking the assets themselves and embedding them into your game. You do NOT need the Interactive License if all you do is produce 2D images using Daz Studio and then put the 2D images into your game. You DO need the Interactive License if the Daz Studio assets themselves are going into the game. (i.e. if you were going to do a true 3D game in Unity)

So, for example, if you were going to make something like The Twist or House Party, where the models are rendered in real time, yes. But if all the art is 2D output from Daz Studio, no.

Reactions: ApatiaMax