So what game is the longest in terms of play time?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
If you want really long games then a lot of Japanese VN's have massive length, especially those with multiple paths.

• Angry
Reactions: Bootstraps

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
Define "play time". In terms of exhausting all possibilities RNG/procedural generation probably come first followed by traditional non-adult grind. Anything heavy on text might be up there too if you're a slow reader. Do wait times or lack of saving count?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Define "play time". In terms of exhausting all possibilities RNG/procedural generation probably come first followed by traditional non-adult grind.
Pure sandbox games also qualify since they have no end.

In the end, it's probably Super Powered, already named twice, that qualify the best. Tons of randomization, more than 1000 scenes already (95% of them being lewd), pure grinding, and pure sandbox. Unmodded, you can play it for a month and still have unseen content.

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
It really depends on what your purposes are. Is it seeing all the content, or completing the game perfectly (including New Game+, if applicable)? Is that seeing every line of text that has been programmed? Good luck then with something like Little Busters. If you have three life-times to waste. Or even something like LittleWitch Romanesque. No one really knows how to unlock every one of those 1500+ events (some are rather straightforward, some are extremely obscure).

Seeing all the content, Super Powered will take some time.

Strategy games can be even worse, especially if they have multiple routes that are entered into early in the game.
Games like Sengoku Rance or Kamidori Alchemy Meister spring to mind. You only need to play 3 playthroughs for Kamidori to get all the content (provided you do the bonus stuff as well - and routes get decided early in the game, so it is not like you can do a quick reload, change your route, and be done in 10 minutes). However, if you are into pointless grinding, good luck since a lot of items are unique for a particular playthrough, and to even make all the items in-game you will need a few more playthroughs.

In Sengoku Rance, you will have seen all the content after 5 playthroughs if you play well enough (4 if you discount the Kill the Monkey route, and play well enough). But if you don't increase the difficulty, subsequent playthroughs can be a real breeze. At least you don't have to play through the game just to get more items.

But I am sure there are games out there where you will have to play through many more times to get to all the content.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Superpowered and possibly Glassix have the most hellish grinds I've seen, especially if you don't do it efficiently using a guide. I appreciate delayed gratification, but damn do these games make you work for it.

skipper_kowalski

Oct 18, 2019
Jack-o-nine-tails. Turn-based not really strategy game where you bust gaming mice for breakfast because you need to click forever to get stuff to happen. You need contradictory guides to get you through. Daily autosave takes forever. Bugs here and there. At the end of all that grind you get... fancy armor you don't need.

Screw delayed gratification! :p

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Brothell King can take a long time, especially if you want to find all of the different girls. It doesn't really have an ending, but for a brothell game there is way more content than I expected.

forbidden101v

The Hentai Witcher
Modder
Jun 2, 2018
The one with the most grind. If a dev really wants to extend play time and make players miserable, just set the xp earning to something that would take a year to complete requiring 8 hours of grinding per day and to make it harder to hack just have it auto shutdown the game automatically and change xp on all stats to zero if it detects any cheating tools. This sort of game will require at least 8448 hours of grind while only having an hours worth of content so 8449 hours.

The AG Initiative

Jun 2, 2018
So what game is the longest in terms of play time?

So far the games i have found to last a while is

Ecchi Sensei

One more chance Ch1-3 + First time
So uh... It's not a VN, it's an actual adult game, and I've put over 50 hours into it, and I've yet to complete my first playthrough, there's a NG+ where you can unlock additional side girls and choose a different main girl. It's called Kamidori Alchemy Meister, and there are other games made by the same people that I assume are just as long.