So who do you fell are the Architects of the Harem Games.

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
Being fairly new to all this stuff(Before finding f95zone by accident, Telltale was closet to Novella games I've been around).

Who do ya'll considered the Architects for Harem Novella games? Rather curious. Author/Creator and the Game.

HHTG

Jul 17, 2017
That's easy, it's the Japanese.
The specific person that started you would probably have to search in japanese.

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
That's easy, it's the Japanese.
The specific person that started you would probably have to search in japanese.
So Japanese Novellas were start of it all? Ok good to know. I honestly didn't know that. So on that, who do you considered some English/Western Architects of the genre.

m00nsh1ne

Feb 22, 2020
I mean if you are simply looking for solid harem VN's then just click here https://f95zone.to/sam/latest_alpha/#/cat=games/page=1/tags=254/noprefixes=22/sort=likes that's every harem game sorted by likes and just stick to the ones that have VN next to the engine i.e. VN Ren'Py. If you are looking where the Harem story/game concept came from then yeah definitely Manga/light novels/doujenshi from Japan. Probably began in the 80's before picking up steam in the 90's and exploding in the 00's and 10's. When it comes to just western games then you need to realize that our little corner of the gaming world is still rather niche and very few people have had enough success and time to develop more than 1 completed game. So finding someone with an extensive catelogue will be difficult

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
I mean if you are simply looking for solid harem VN's then just click here https://f95zone.to/sam/latest_alpha/#/cat=games/page=1/tags=254/noprefixes=22/sort=likes that's every harem game sorted by likes and just stick to the ones that have VN next to the engine i.e. VN Ren'Py. If you are looking where the Harem story/game concept came from then yeah definitely Manga/light novels/doujenshi from Japan. Probably began in the 80's before picking up steam in the 90's and exploding in the 00's and 10's. When it comes to just western games then you need to realize that our little corner of the gaming world is still rather niche and very few people have had enough success and time to develop more than 1 completed game. So finding someone with an extensive catelogue will be difficult
I've gone through a lot of them already. I'm just more curious about history of it to be honest.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
I've gone through a lot of them already. I'm just more curious about history of it to be honest.
Word itself is arabic but probably originated in eastern culture when autocrats had women quarters in which only eunuchs were able to enter.

But the popularization of the genre in more recent years comes mostly from Japan anime and eroge in general.
It's hard to pinpoint what started it but many people consider a major influence.

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
Word itself is arabic but probably originated in eastern culture when autocrats had women quarters in which only eunuchs were able to enter.

But the popularization of the genre in more recent years comes mostly from Japan anime and eroge in general.
It's hard to pinpoint what started it but many people consider a major influence.

I ment in Novella form, very well aware of what Harems & history of Harems. I'm talking about Novella scene and it's popularity. Kinda like how folks look through the history of stuff like Anime, Games, Hentai, Comic Books, etc..