Seeking Sociolotron 2 or similar?

HypnoKitten

Feb 14, 2018
There was a multi-player kinky game a long long time ago called Sociolotron. Fun little thing with very few externally imposed limits on content, wonderfully vulgar. I thought a second one was being worked on but I haven't seen heads or tails of either since. Anyone know if they still exist / if the new one finished in some form / if some successful equivalent has come along?

Reactions: NaomiNikos

NaomiNikos

Feb 10, 2018
I've been looking for a while for a game similar to Sociolotron, so what appears to have happened is the creator behind Socio passed away, and the game essentially died overtime after that. They were working on a 3D version of Socio called Mikaboshi, but nothing has been heard of about that after the creator passed away. In their Discord server, people have essentially said that there have been no attempts to make a privately hosted server for the game and that the creator's wife has not released the code to anyone making it really hard to recreate. From my understanding, both are functionally dead. I was going to resubscribe and download to see if there was any way to play the game again, but I'm just really not sure.

• Sad
Reactions: HypnoKitten

monkeycid

May 25, 2017
I know this is an old thread but I found it via a Google search so apologies for the necro.

I played Sociolotron for a few years. I missed the heydays sadly but it was still relatively popular when I first started playing with over 50 players online at any given time which was a lot for such an indie game back then with a small world to explore so to speak.

It was less of a game and more of a platform for roleplay. Players could own bars, become a Judge and Prosecutor of a district which they could then use that power to send other players to jail for a brief period or a longer period depending on if that player is a friend or foe et cetera.

You could rent a room and turn into a home, workshop or even a shop for other players to visit and buy things. These rooms could also be broken into and players would steal things which would create a crime scene outside which ties into the Judge and Prosecutor roles mentioned above.

The platform allowed players to control the character of another player without their consent. Move them around, strip them and humiliate them and even force them into sexual acts. These tools are designed to compliment the roleplay which was often dark and sinister. After all, this is adult roleplaying game where virtually anything is possible within the confines of the rules.

The person behind this gem of a game was called Playerdark and I had no idea he passed away until 10 minutes ago before I started typing this.

I know it's a year too late and maybe nobody from that time will ever read this but despite the controversies and drama that was often associated with the game at the time that I played, I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. I wasn't particularly great at roleplay myself but the players themselves were mature enough to look past the inexperience of others and accommodated everyone. I just wish I found it earlier when it was thriving.

Rest in peace, Playerdark and a big THANK YOU to you and my fellow Londoners for the memories.

• Red Heart

HypnoKitten

Feb 14, 2018
....The person behind this gem of a game was called Playerdark and I had no idea he passed away until 10 minutes ago before I started typing this.
Rest in peace, Playerdark and a big THANK YOU to you and my fellow Londoners for the memories.
Oh damn! I hadn't known till now - uff... totally RIP to a great developer, who put a lot of effort into his niche. Safe journeys.. damn.

monkeycid

May 25, 2017
Oh damn! I hadn't known till now - uff... totally RIP to a great developer, who put a lot of effort into his niche. Safe journeys.. damn.
I often take a year or two away from Socio and come back but this time I had been away for over 3 years so I was shocked when I couldn't find the game on Google and to learn of Playerdark's passing.

I think many players took the game for granted because of the poor graphics but it was really the tools and the features within the interface that separated it from any other game. The ability to control someone else's character without their consent really added to the thrill and created a sinister vibe.

Plus the whole demon and Hell system upon death was really fun as well. Sadly, each time I would return there would be fewer people and London turned more into a social hub than a roleplaying escape.

• Sad

pemoj

Feb 26, 2019
Searching for information about Sociolotron by pure chance I found this out of F95. I was one of the pioneers of Socio almost 20 years ago. And it seems unbelievable that after almost 20 years of its debut, there is still no half decent sex MMO. The closest thing to that, and with many limitations, is Conan Exiles on servers with total nudism and heavily modded. I've been looking for one for 20 years, and in the end, like many others, we always came back to Socio. To leave, look for another one... and come back again. The last time I looked for something about Socio I found nothing, not even the website. Now I see why. Too bad. Now we don't even have the Socio option, which in spite of everything, was the only thing we really had...

And as the OP I am looking for some MMO sex, no matter the theme, worthy of the name. Although it seems that due to the lack of answers in this thread, it seems that silence is the only answer to my question... :(

cypboss

Jun 8, 2019
I’m also looking for a BDSM MMO. You guys might want to check out Bondage Club as well. It’s not a big game, and the community is small, with limited activities, but it’s worth trying.

Last edited:

shaitan69

Jun 15, 2024
I miss this game. I played for about a year in 2005-2006 and it was quite memorable. Best mechanics of any game I have ever played, even though the graphics sucked. It really was a unique game and I wish someone would create a modern day game with all the craziness that playing with a bunch of other like minded people provided. I never got to explore the demon realm or any of the ritual stuff but just running into a demon was enough to get the heart racing...