Ren'Py Solution to decrypt help

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
Good afternoon people.

The game named Foot Of The Mountains inside the images folder has 2 types of files,

The 24bit png that is visible for us to see.

And there is this other example - angd40.webp which is not visible.

I've already passed several files, one of which I use a lot and opens everything is this one (UnRen-0.91.bat) but this file I mentioned doesn't open with anything I know.

Could someone tell me with which tool I can decrypt this type of angd40.webp file.

I'm leaving a sample file here.

Thank you for your attention.

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
If you can't view a .WEBP file it could mean that you don't have the needed codec's installed on your computer.

Reactions: Moricano

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
If you can't view a .WEBP file it could mean that you don't have the needed codec's installed on your compute
Other games that have images and videos in this format I can always view but the ones in this game I can't.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Firefox can open the attached file. My version of Chromium cannot, it displays a white image. dwebp fails to decode it, it returns:
Two pages mention this very error:

They say that the image has been encoded with an old, broken library. You have at least two solutions:
1. try XNView XN 1.98 + WEBP.DLL 201'728 as suggested in the second thread
2. convert the file with the old, faulty version of webp. It made the image, it can decode it. Download libwebp-0.3.1-windows-x64.zip from , extract the archive and convert the file into a PNG from terminal:
dwebp.exe apart.webp -o apart.png
Pretty sure you can recursively convert all the WEBPs from the game with a .BAT file.

If you're adventurous, you could temporarily replace the version if dwebp.exe shipped with Unren with the faulty one. But don't blame me if something goes wrong.

Nov 27, 2018
Since I only update such programs when something stops working, I can tell you that XnViewMP-068 ( ; zip ones are portable) opens it and you can use its batch converter to quickly process all the files you have:
> select batch convert from the Tools menu,​
> drag and drop the files to the input tab,​
> select desired output location and file format in the output tab,​
> press convert.​
Resaving as WebP will also fix it, or at least make it work with the Windows WebP plugin mentioned on Wikipedia.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
I'd like to know why that thinking face. Seriously, I prefer to be facepalmed.
If my post makes you think, tell me what's wrong with it. :rolleyes:

Nov 27, 2018
I... didn't think it could be read as something negative.

I use it as "that's interesting" or "I didn't know/consider that" or "that makes you think" or anything in that vein, and that's how I always see it used by others on the Internet. is the ironic one.

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
I can see the image once using chrome but can see most of it if I right click it and use the incognito mode.