Daz [SOLVED] Character edit DAZ

Aug 20, 2018
Okay, so third-day I'm struggling with character creation...

I have downloaded at least 100gigs of content, tools, plugins, pretty much everything i might need i guess...

I can dress up the character, scene, pose, let's say I got it...

but how the hell do I edit for example genitals, a woman with flat crotch like a doll... how do I add "more serious" options to the character?

When I do drag and drop, nothing happens, or if anything happens, it's not visible...

I'm sure its a pity request, I was searching for tutorials etc. I feel really dumb... :poop:

Another thing is, sometimes when I do drag and drop, files are missing, sometimes for the same item, it drops but nothing happens...

If you be so kind as to get me to the right direction, or some useful tutorials.... thank you :rolleyes:

Aug 20, 2018
This doesn't seem to be DAZ... Now I'm really confused? Character creator is used apart from DAZ?

So let's make it clear, what else it's necessary to create a renpy game? Except DAZ and RenPy

Aug 20, 2018
Okay, so third-day I'm struggling with character creation...

I have downloaded at least 100gigs of content, tools, plugins, pretty much everything i might need i guess...

I can dress up the character, scene, pose, let's say I got it...

but how the hell do I edit for example genitals, a woman with flat crotch like a doll... how do I add "more serious" options to the character?

When I do drag and drop, nothing happens, or if anything happens, it's not visible...

I'm sure its a pity request, I was searching for tutorials etc. I feel really dumb... :poop:

Another thing is, sometimes when I do drag and drop, files are missing, sometimes for the same item, it drops but nothing happens...

If you be so kind as to get me to the right direction, or some useful tutorials.... thank you :rolleyes:
i don't even know how to add the eyebrows :rolleyes:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
By using the right asset. Among the ones available for genesis 8 female genitals, you've "Genesis 8 Female Anatomical Elements" (the official asset), "Golden Palace for Genesis 8 Female", and "New Gens for Victoria 8".

Select the female model on the "scene" panel, go to the asset library (people/[right figure]/Anatomy), select the file representing the genitalia, and double click to load it linked to the model.

i don't even know how to add the eyebrows :rolleyes:
By default they are painted in the face texture. But some assets come with fibermesh eyebrows that you apply in the same way than the genitalia (they are just located somewhere else). Most of the time those eyebrows can be applied to any assets using the same figure ; therefore the fibermesh eyebrows for a Genesis 8 female model will apply to any other Genesis 8 female model.
For a better result when you use fibermesh eyebrows, you need to have a face texture without painted eyebrows. The assets coming with fibermesh eyebrows already have such texture available. For the other, it's sometimes part of the options, or you need to use an asset that permit you to get ride of the painted eyebrows.

8InchFloppyDick

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2020

I like this guy's tutorials. Good pacing and general approach. Obviously the first few installments are a bit basic, but as you go along it gets really good. He has a bunch of non-101 tutorials too. Highly recommended.

Have fun :)

Aug 20, 2018
By using the right asset. Among the ones available for genesis 8 female genitals, you've "Genesis 8 Female Anatomical Elements" (the official asset), "Golden Palace for Genesis 8 Female", and "New Gens for Victoria 8".

By default they are painted in the face texture. But some assets come with fibermesh eyebrows that you apply in the same way than the genitalia (they are just located somewhere else). Most of the time those eyebrows can be applied to any assets using the same figure ; therefore the fibermesh eyebrows for a Genesis 8 female model will apply to any other Genesis 8 female model.
For a better result when you use fibermesh eyebrows, you need to have a face texture without painted eyebrows. The assets coming with fibermesh eyebrows already have such texture available. For the other, it's sometimes part of the options, or you need to use an asset that permit you to get ride of the painted eyebrows.
Thanx, it looks like I've had a file missing, the minora shell for Golden place, I've downloaded the golden palace v2 and everything works perfectly... Thanks a lot!

I like this guy's tutorials. Good pacing and general approach. Obviously the first few installments are a bit basic, but as you go along it gets really good. He has a bunch of non-101 tutorials too. Highly recommended.

Have fun :)
Looks very promising, definitely will check it out. Thanks!

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
This doesn't seem to be DAZ... Now I'm really confused? Character creator is used apart from DAZ?
No, Character Creator is not part of, or used with, Daz Studio. It's a part of the iClone system. Welcome to the wonderful world of Pollywog's off-topic responses.

So let's make it clear, what else it's necessary to create a renpy game? Except DAZ and RenPy
You can, indeed, make a Ren'py game with just Daz Studio and Ren'py. You'll find, however, that an image editing program, such as Photoshop (paid) or GIMP (free) will frequently come in handy, since you may find yourself wanting to make custom elements (buttons, etc.) for your user interface as it gets more sophisticated, or even just minor tweaks to the DS images. In addition, the images that Daz Studio produce tend to have VERY large file sizes. You can use an image editing program, or a similar utility, to compress your images somewhat without reducing the quality significantly. Otherwise, your game is going to break the gigabyte barrier well before it's really necessary.

There are other tools as you get more advanced, but that's probably enough to make a very good start.

And, of course, determination, patience, and a thick skin for the comments you'll get here... LOL

Aug 20, 2018
No, Character Creator is not part of, or used with, Daz Studio. It's a part of the iClone system. Welcome to the wonderful world of Pollywog's off-topic responses.

You can, indeed, make a Ren'py game with just Daz Studio and Ren'py. You'll find, however, that an image editing program, such as Photoshop (paid) or GIMP (free) will frequently come in handy, since you may find yourself wanting to make custom elements (buttons, etc.) for your user interface as it gets more sophisticated, or even just minor tweaks to the DS images. In addition, the images that Daz Studio produce tend to have VERY large file sizes. You can use an image editing program, or a similar utility, to compress your images somewhat without reducing the quality significantly. Otherwise, your game is going to break the gigabyte barrier well before it's really necessary.

There are other tools as you get more advanced, but that's probably enough to make a very good start.

And, of course, determination, patience, and a thick skin for the comments you'll get here... LOL
Got it, well Photoshop is a must ofcourse...

I'll give it a try, i have a lot of story ideas, I'm just sick of these super sexy ultra perfect milfs, and games with 200 side characters... I think I'm old fashioned. And definitely not making it for the money. Well hopefully I'll find enough time for it, anyways I'm fascinated by DAZ, i shoud have found it 10y ago :LOL:.

Thanks a lot, I'm surprised how helpful are the users out here... I appreciate it

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
I'm fascinated by DAZ, i shoud have found it 10y ago :LOL:.
Of course, DS is way better than it was back then. In 2010, you were dealing with the Michael 4 and Victoria 4 characters. Not that they weren't good for their time, but "leaps and bounds" since then...

Thanks a lot, I'm surprised how helpful are the users out here... I appreciate it
While this place might have started out as a pirate forum, it does have a very active support system for adult game developers, and there are some people who are really expert at some of the commonly-used tools. I'm still learning stuff from others here.