[Solved] DAZ Studio crash

jasx317

May 10, 2017
Hi all,

First time trying my hand at rendering. I tried downloading the assets below. When i press Nvidia Iray, i get the following crash (see attachment)

Any advice ?

1700886718065.png

Cenc

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2019
Post the error rather than attach files.

If Daz is crashing (presumably to desktop) when your using the iray preview it's probably one of two things:

Drivers
Vram or RAM.

Cenc

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2019
Looks like a problem with that specific .dll. You could try replacing it (if you can find another version of the file to do so) or go for a clean re-install of DAZ.

However some things to bear in mind before you try that - What have you changed recently? And I don't just mean you, I also mean any automatic ones like windows updates.

Consider have the GPU drivers been updated? Are they Nvidia or are you CPU rendering? Do you get the same problem with another asset other than the one you listed - If you did a manual install of the asset, perhaps one file was corrupted during download - Re-install the asset (this assumes that rendering other assets work okay).

What version of Daz are you using? Though Rare some assets can be a bit shit with older versions of Daz (4.15 and below) They can also be shit with beta versions of DAZ... or even just regular release versions of DAZ.

Anyway - That's some jumping off points. Someone else might have encountered this specific problem before and may be able to answer what worked for them, consider changing the thread title to match the error - as this will aid in those searching the forum.

EDIT: If this is the first time you have tried to render - Are you using an Nvidia GPU? If so, which one? I'd go for updating the GPU drivers first (use studio for Nvidia). I'd also suggest rendering an image that is NOT any of the downloaded assets you have (i.e. use the ones that come free with DAZ) ...like that god-awful Pagoda.

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
it's due to:

A memory access violation error is an error which occurs when there is a conflict with the rules or policies on which a resource (memory resource) is run, resulting in the inaccessibility of resource.

so it might due to your ram or vram

can you post you computer spec's

jasx317

May 10, 2017
Hi,

My specs are

GPU GTX 1080ti

1700962471701.png

Per Cenc's advice, I was able to use Iray on a basic Genesis 8 figure without crashing.

jasx317

May 10, 2017
Hi all, i posted the issue in the midnight paradise asset thread and they were able to share the solution to the crash. Apparently it was due to the latest daz studio having issues with the OOTD hairs.

I am sharing the post that helped me to resolve the issue incase anyone else encountered it.

I reproduced the crash on my end using Daz Studio 4.22. It's the OOT shader on the hair like you said. Two workarounds are to remove the material from the transmission color or to select the hair and replace the shader with something like Iray Uber Base.

This?

Dracis3D

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2017
Change the 'transmitted hair' colour to none. For OOT products it will be white. Came across this problem as well when I updated to the latest version of Daz.... It seems to be an Iray change, rather than Daz idiocy.

Andvand

Feb 5, 2019
OOT seems to have patched their hairs so downloading fixed hair might fix the problem for all OOT hairs as they share shaders. I'm speculating as I'm currently trying to find a patched version of an OOT hair.