Daz [Solved] Daz3D Render Not responding

mattyboy05

Jan 30, 2019
Just got daz3d and spent a few hours learning stuff and i'm trying to pull out my 1st render but it keeps saying not responding with white screen Capt1ure.PNG

Cenc

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2019
This might seem simple but what happens if you wait a bit? Daz does do some 'not responding' when loading a scene, but it normally kicks in soon after.

Alternativly - check what your rendering with either cpu or gpu (nvidia if using Iray) if its cpu, it could be killing your processor (in which case, wait a bit longer).

mattyboy05

Jan 30, 2019
This might seem simple but what happens if you wait a bit? Daz does do some 'not responding' when loading a scene, but it normally kicks in soon after.

Alternativly - check what your rendering with either cpu or gpu (nvidia if using Iray) if its cpu, it could be killing your processor (in which case, wait a bit longer).
Yeah thanks, I had to wait about 10 minutes before i started to see the rendering :p

mattyboy05

Jan 30, 2019

Welp render just finished and i guess you need to save it after it's done. But i closed it feelsbadman

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Yeah thanks, I had to wait about 10 minutes before i started to see the rendering :p
The rendering process has (loosely) two phases. In the first phase, Daz Studio goes off and prepares everything. Loads the textures, loads the geometry, etc., etc., etc. During this phase, the user interface stops responding. (They're obviously doing all this work on the UI thread. Bad form, but...) Only after that does the actual process of rendering pixels start, which is the point where the UI starts responding again. How long the "preparing" stage takes depends a lot on both what the scene is like as well as what your computer hardware is like. So, unfortunately, this is one of those "get used to it" deals...

Reactions: mattyboy05

Cenc

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2019
Welp render just finished and i guess you need to save it after it's done. But i closed it feelsbadman
if you have Daz open still (and havnt done another render) under file there is 'save last render'. glad it worked for you tho :)

Reactions: mattyboy05

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
I think even if you've closed DAZ, the latest render can be found at:
...\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\render