Daz (Solved) G8 Hair Issue

InfamousGuy

Apr 4, 2019
Hello!

I recently got into DAZ Studio and I've been stumped by this consist problem. It seems that every time I load up a G8 and apply a hair asset that is made for G8, it seems to gain a "hair cap". I've been going on at this non-stop and I just know that there has to be a "duh" solution to this so any help would appreciated!
1698621784771.png 1698621985853.png
Again any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Finally solved the issues. Folks, if you ever have this problem, make sure you have drawing mode > drawing > draw mode > photoshop. I had interactive(biased) on instead.

Last edited:

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Could be a few things, unfortunately. The simplest in this case would be to try scaling up the hair by a few percent or so (select the hair asset > Parameters > Scale > 102%, for example.). It's unlikely, but it could be a coordinate issue, too. Select your figure > Look at XYZ translates and make sure they're at 0,0,0. Just to eliminate the possibilities, go to Render Settings > Optimization > Instancing Optimization > Try "Speed" or "Memory" and see if eitherr work.

One other quick thing you can try is rotating your dome to see if the lighting is hitting the figure at a weird angle. Render Settings > Environment > Dome Rotation.

See if those work or have any effect on it. It's possible your essentials may be corrupt and need to be reinstalled, but we can save that until we see if these work or not.

Edit: Do these show up in an actual render and not just Iray Preview, out of curiosity?

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
It seems to be an issue with the skullcap. (The part of the hair that bonds the hair with the rest of the model.) Could you show the "smooth shaded" view of these characters? maybe that will provide some insight.

InfamousGuy

Apr 4, 2019
Could be a few things, unfortunately. The simplest in this case would be to try scaling up the hair by a few percent or so (select the hair asset > Parameters > Scale > 102%, for example.). It's unlikely, but it could be a coordinate issue, too. Select your figure > Look at XYZ translates and make sure they're at 0,0,0. Just to eliminate the possibilities, go to Render Settings > Optimization > Instancing Optimization > Try "Speed" or "Memory" and see if eitherr work.

One other quick thing you can try is rotating your dome to see if the lighting is hitting the figure at a weird angle. Render Settings > Environment > Dome Rotation.

See if those work or have any effect on it. It's possible your essentials may be corrupt and need to be reinstalled, but we can save that until we see if these work or not.

Edit: Do these show up in an actual render and not just Iray Preview, out of curiosity?
They show up in an actual render as well. It's very odd, I can't seem to find anyone having this type of issue with their models.

I tried what you recommended and got nowhere. I'll try to reinstall the assets and see if it helps.

InfamousGuy

Apr 4, 2019
It seems to be an issue with the skullcap. (The part of the hair that bonds the hair with the rest of the model.) Could you show the "smooth shaded" view of these characters? maybe that will provide some insight.
Of course, where exactly is that? Apologies if this is a "duh" moment but I am completely new to this!

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
this is specifically because you are using the "Interactive" draw mode instead of "Photoreal" mode. there are separate settings for viewport and render.

source of knowledge: I had the same thing a while back and it drove me crazy until i found it.

Reactions: InfamousGuy

Fantomax

"Ares Revenge" game developper
Game Developer
Oct 30, 2017
Dealing with the Hair in Daz is always a pain in the ass,

below on this render i'll have to remove in Photoshop some she has in her eyes and face
i'll have also to add some hair matter on her back because the pony tail seems to have some free space with her back :

hair_issue.jpg

irl i'm not having any issue with them, i'm as hairy as an egg can be (like my avatar) :D

Last edited:
Reactions: InfamousGuy