Daz [SOLVED] Genesis 8.1 problem

Oct 15, 2020
Hi

I have a problem loading Genesis 8.1 character. It's missing files...

I checked the forums, some say, update graphic card, update Gen 8 essentials, I tried everything.

It's not for certain Gen 8.1, non of them are loading...

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG
I was even trying to search these files on the internet, but couldn't find any... Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Deleted member 34473

Engaged Member
May 15, 2017
install a bundle..es vic 8.1 that installs what you need, no you have installed the files you need and the software does not find them

XLT

May 6, 2021
Nope, not working, and i downloaded couple of bundles, even anatomical elements were there... same missing files
Check to make sure that in the directory where you install the assets that there isn't a "content" folder. If there is just simply move everything out of it into the main files.

Also even though you are using Genesis 8.1 which requires Vict 8.1, it's a good idea to also get Vict 8 and Gen 8 Pros. As they can be mix and matched.

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
Except for the first one, the missing files come from IM00042071-01_Genesis8FemaleStarterEssentials.zip
It's the base asset for the Genesis 8 & 8.1 female.
So no need to install anything else, it would be more a source of conflict than anything else (except for the 1st missing file, I've not looked where it comes from). But if you can resolve most of them, the last one will be easy.

How are you installing your files? DIM or manually?
Check the content of the ZIP file, to see if the missing files are there.
If you use WinRAR, try 7-zip.

edit:
PBRSkin.dsf comes from IM00013176-42_DefaultResourcesforDAZStudio415.zip