Daz (Solved/I'm Dumb) Golden Palace + NGV8 (Genitalia) Shell Discoloration

Fateful

Aug 3, 2017
This is a very strange issue and it's only just started happening to all my figures despite previously working flawlessly.
I first thought it was a compatibility issue with the skin I was using, so I tried another character and had the same issue.

This is what it looks like on a standard Genesis 8 female with the Golden Palace v2 on:

GoldenPalace.JPG

Seemingly it's happening with NGV8 too and appears to be related to their respective shells, as turning off the GoldenPalace_Shell or the NGV8 shells removes the discoloration but also removes all color from the genitalia:

GoldenPalace2.JPG

I've played around with the shell offset distance and scaling, but nothing seems to fix it. I've played around with the shell toggles and it's isolated solely to the genitalia, so I played around with transparency in surfaces but still couldn't fix it.

EDIT: Semi-Solved?
Selecting all the surfaces related to genitalia on the shell and switching Thin Walled to on seems to have fixed it, but I'm not sure why the default is off then?

Solved: My preview render settings were wrong.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
EDIT: Semi-Solved?
Selecting all the surfaces related to genitalia on the shell and switching Thin Walled to on seems to have fixed it, but I'm not sure why the default is off then?
Hmm... Thin walled should NOT be set to 'on' as it disable SSS :unsure:, which is quite critical.
Something going wrong there.

Reactions: Fateful

Fateful

Aug 3, 2017
Hmm... Thin walled should NOT be set to 'on' as it disable SSS :unsure:, which is quite critical.
Something going wrong there.
Following the standard steps of:
1.) Add Genitalia
2.) Add Shell
3.) Add Majora Shell
4.) Run Material Copy Script

I get this result:
GP1.JPG

Hiding the Majora Shell for the next one because it's mostly doing the same thing, applying thin wall to the golden palace surfaces result in this:
GP2.JPG GP3.JPG

These are the standard surface settings for the shell when applied:
GPSurfaceSettings.JPG

Switching the UV Sets to 'Golden Palace 2' yields this monstrosity:

GP4.JPG

Otherwise switching the UV map to default doesn't change a lot.
The only significant change is switching on the Thin Wall setting. It almost seems to be a problem with the UV map not blending correctly but I am unsure how to correct that. I've tried reinstalling Golden Palace v2 but the problem persists, and as I said initially; the problem is not isolated solely to the Golden Palace addon, but for NGV8 and even the Eroticalist Juicy Cameltoe addon.

NGV8:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Base Genitalia:
Then Adding the Juicy Wet Cameltoe addon:

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Doesn't look like the shading part is involved, surfaces seems correct.

Worth nothing, but did you try turning OFF shell visibility for everything except those 5 ones?

DAZStudio_EApJDJ55Sq.png

Fateful

Aug 3, 2017
Worth nothing, but did you try turning OFF shell visibility for everything except those 5 ones?
You're definitely on to something there.
Strangely I have these additional nodes on the shells:
GPShell1.JPG GPShell2.JPG

However, removing them (Still keeping the GoldenPalace_2254 nodes enabled) appears to remove the effect the shell was meant to have too (somewhat visible in the first image).
I added the Majora Shell and colored them both dark red, but the result was the same as the second image.

Fiddling with the settings I was able to isolate which ones were responsible for applying coloring to each area, but the result was still with a hard dark line around the perimeter.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
You're definitely on to something there.
Strangely I have these additional nodes on the shells:
View attachment 815712 View attachment 815713

However, removing them (Still keeping the GoldenPalace_2254 nodes enabled) appears to remove the effect the shell was meant to have too (somewhat visible in the first image).
I added the Majora Shell and colored them both dark red, but the result was the same as the second image.

Fiddling with the settings I was able to isolate which ones were responsible for applying coloring to each area, but the result was still with a hard dark line around the perimeter.
I wonder if it's not something that 'push' the geoshell slightly 'off limit', but it doesn't explain why it works with thin walled ON.:unsure:

Offset distance at 0

0000.png

Offset distance at 0.015

0015.png

Weird bug tho o_O.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: eri and Fateful

Fateful

Aug 3, 2017
I wonder if it's not something that 'push' the geoshell slightly 'off limit', but it doesn't explain why it works with thin walled ON.:unsure:
Yeah, I tried playing with the offset distance as I know that sometimes hair caps can have a similar issue, but nothing seemed to change really.

Here it is at 0 and then at -0.01:
GP1.JPG GP2.JPG

Does your figure have those additional nodes, the 'WG_0_x' ones?

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Does your figure have those additional nodes, the 'WG_0_x' ones?
Yes.

Tried to rule out possibilities, not the surface, not the shell itself, not the gp UV (as it happens with NGV8 too).... Man it's weird lol. If you load a basic g8f then save as> materiel preset. Create>New geometry shell (parent to selected item), then merge your previously saved material on the shell, do you got a bug too ?

Worth nothing but did you reset you render setting? Things like a too low max path can make weird issue.

• Love

Fateful

Aug 3, 2017
Yes.

Tried to rule out possibilities, not the surface, not the shell itself, not the gp UV (as it happens with NGV8 too).... Man it's weird lol. If you load a basic g8f then save as> materiel preset. Create>New geometry shell (parent to selected item), then merge your previously saved material on the shell, do you got a bug too ?

Worth nothing but did you reset you render setting? Things like a too low max path can make weird issue.
Fuck. Me.
I feel so retarded now... That's exactly what is happening; I changed my render settings for a faster preview time and since then it's acted up. I hadn't rendered anything because I thought it was broken, but I just did a spot render test and it's fine despite the odd discoloration in preview. Holy shit. :LOL:

Thank you for both fixing and ultimately enduring this. Hahaha.

Last edited:

JohnSheridan

Apr 13, 2018
This thread didn't help me and it is driving me bananas.
Everything seems perfect except for the grey skin color. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Please someone help me.
Bananas.jpg

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
  1. Select Breast Utilites 2 Shell,
  2. Go to Surfaces Tab,
  3. Set Cutout Opacity properties of any surfaces with Golden Palace in the name to 0.
or
  2. Go to Parameters Tab,
  3. Go to Shell > Visibility
  4. In Face Groups or Surfaces, set to Off all parameters linked to Golden Palace.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: JohnSheridan

JohnSheridan

Apr 13, 2018
  2. Go to Parameters Tab,
  3. Go to Shell > Visibility
  4. In Face Groups or Surfaces, set to Off all parameters linked to Golden Palace.
Thank you so much!! I can't believe it was so simple but I'd never seen anyone mention OTHER things effecting the golden palace things. I would have never thought about the Breast mod effecting the Golden Palace mod so negatively. You just made my whole week. Thanks again.