Daz [Solved] Iray Viewport not properly working

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Hello,

i have a problem with DAZ at the moment.

My viewport seems to not render properly anymore.
I noticed that when i am moving directions, it is drawn but once i let it in a position, it just doesn't draw it anymore.

So i reinstalled DAZ and deleted all the files under username/appdata.
But to my surprise, all my settings are there as i never uninstalled it. Even all my assets were automatically found.
So this is strange.

I also updated to the latest Nvidia driver just in case but again, it did not solve my problem.
So first i would like to find out how to really uninstall it correctly so that i start off with the defaults.
Are some settings on their server? I think i had it connected before as it downloads missing assets automatically.

I hate to say this but the viewport does serve a important function. So as of right now, i have only spot render or full render to get a glimpse of the scenes i am making.

Somewhere i read that CTRL-I flushes the cache. Did not seem to solve my problem though.
Everything started when i loaded a poser asset. (house asset) but that can't be, or can it?

I also checked my render/draw settings and i can not see anything that would be out of the ordinary. Seems pretty much default. No CPU but all GPU.

Thanks

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
It's unfortunate. Did it have the same behavior with any scenes, or just the sene you load?
Its pretty much any scene. Well, i only tested two settings.
At the moment i do EuroApartment. Happens there. So it seems it is not confined to the poser asset i did use.

When viewing the render viewport, its for a second or so stable, then it flickers and end up dull with no render.
When moving around, it works.
So i am not sure. That's why i thought, if i reinstall DAZ what ever artifacts may conflict, it would go away. So i reinstalled DAZ but that did not solve it. It's is very strange.

I will try it on some other scene/asset and report back.

papolk

Feb 11, 2022
Hve had the same issue. Found out a male gen switched from hires to base res solved the problem.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Well, i haven't given that a thought so far. Though i kind of only use basic characters without HD.
I have to check the memory as well. Though i have a lot but i added so many addons to the scenes that it maybe overloaded.
So the journey isn't done. One day i will find the reason. :)

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I found out.

"I" had to reset the database. Now it works again :geek:

p.s. not really. It seems that it is an asset that i added. Since i use some poser assets, it maybe one of them. Not sure. Have to accessories the scene new to find out.

Solution: Assets. One asset broke everything. Problem solved.

Last edited: