[Solved] Need Help - Problem with skin and hair interfering

findsometime

May 1, 2019
Hi, I'm really sorry if this has already been answered somewhere but I could not find anything to help, I am a complete noob at Daz3D so maybe there is an easy fix, but I am having a problem with the hair of my model interfering somehow with the top/scalp of their head, resulting in a grey texture visible. Here are the screenshots:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I have the same hair, but I didn't use it yet and I can't test it atm due to hardware problems, so I can't tell you what's wrong with it, but a simple solution would be to hide the scull cap/hair cap. Select the hair in the scene, go to the surfaces tab, select the hair cap surface and seach for cutout opacity and move the slider.

findsometime

May 1, 2019
I have the same hair, but I didn't use it yet and I can't test it atm due to hardware problems, so I can't tell you what's wrong with it, but a simple solution would be to hide the scull cap/hair cap. Select the hair in the scene, go to the surfaces tab, select the hair cap surface and seach for cutout opacity and move the slider.
I've gone in those settings and disabled the cutout for the scalp, but it had no effect. I went and disabled the cutouts for all layers, and it was still there, the shape of the colour actually looks more like it's a shadow cast onto the skin by the hair. Here's two more screenshots:
I'm sorry to pester, but if you have any ideas for me that would be amazing :)

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
I've got two hairs that do something different weird than yours but may be the same issue, I get a leak onto the forehead like a 3 yo has drawn on it with crayon. This method has fixed mine so try it on yours.

Load the hair by itself.
Tools - Geometry editor
Click inside the hair so it selects a bit of the scalp
Right click - Geometry Selection - Select connected
Right click - Geometry Visibility - Hide Selected
Right click - Geometry Editing - Delete Hidden

Save it as something else so it does not override the original hair, and then use it on your model and see what happens.

findsometime

May 1, 2019
I've got two hairs that do something different weird than yours but may be the same issue, I get a leak onto the forehead like a 3 yo has drawn on it with crayon. This method has fixed mine so try it on yours.

Load the hair by itself.
Tools - Geometry editor
Click inside the hair so it selects a bit of the scalp
Right click - Geometry Selection - Select connected
Right click - Geometry Visibility - Hide Selected
Right click - Geometry Editing - Delete Hidden

Save it as something else so it does not override the original hair, and then use it on your model and see what happens.
It worked! Thank the gods! Thanks for the tip (y)

Reactions: mickydoo