Ren'Py [Solved] New pictures not appearing

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I am working on another episode of my VN, and I have loaded up new renders and am trying to call them with the following code:

Code:
scene ep2_pier_conversation_MandyFacing
For whatever reason, when I get to that part of the script, all I get is a grey screen. Any idea what I am doing wrong here? The images are loaded in the images folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thengineer

Moonlight Sins
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2018
Try making the whole image name lowercase (ep2_pier_conversation_mandyfacing.jpg/png)
And use the code:
Code:
scene ep2_pier_conversation_mandyfacing

Epadder

Programmer
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2016
As @thengineer says make it lowercase, when using images auto-defined by the images directory the in-game name is always converted to lowercase. Documentation .

Also they just re-arranged things here the other day, so I think questions like this fit more in "Dev Help". :D

Which subjects still fit in the main forum I'm unsure... maybe Devlogs and very general development discussion. :unsure::whistle:

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
As @thengineer says make it lowercase, when using images auto-defined by the images directory the in-game name is always converted to lowercase. Documentation .

Also they just re-arranged things here the other day, so I think questions like this fit more in "Dev Help". :D

Which subjects still fit in the main forum I'm unsure... maybe Devlogs and very general development discussion. :unsure::whistle:
Well I figured that since this was still called "Programming, Development & Art" that a programming and development question would not be off topic. Thanks to both of you for your rapid and correct assessment of the problem. Getting rid of the caps eliminated the problem and the code is now working properly.

Reactions: Saki_Sliz