[SOLVED] Patreon rules

Aug 20, 2018
Hey,
so I would like to know how does incest works with Patreon content and patching?
first of all, how come, some games like DMD for example, my best deal and plenty of others, do not require any IC patch? They are registered without any issue...
Secondly, how the patch (lewd patch) works, should I write a script with addressing a landlady, instead of mom for example, or do I need to mention both terms, to be able to patch it?

What is the easiest solution for a screenplay?

Thanks a lot!

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Patreon, in order to please paypal and the like, has to stomp down on incest but they're happy to turn a blind eye if the devs are suitable discreet or make enough money for them. One solution is to let the user define relationships themselves, eg. The Shrink as that gives you complete deniability, the other main one is a patch that replaces all references to Landlady, tenant, friend etc with Mom, Son, sister etc. If you do that it is advisable to release it under a different username so if someone were to report it you are able to lie plausably.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
so I would like to know how does incest works with Patreon content and patching?
It's simple: No incest games are allowed on Patreon, and any dev caught making an incest patch for his game will be banned.
There's a lot of discussion on the subject here, the last one is just few weeks old.

first of all, how come, some games like DMD for example, my best deal and plenty of others, do not require any IC patch? They are registered without any issue...
Dating My Daughter is a particular case, the game is not funded by using Patreon. If you look at MrDots Patreon page, you'll see no mention of the game, and no mention of the web site he dedicated to the game. MrDots have been banned third before coming to this status quo solution.

As for the others, if the game is available on Patreon and have incest content from start, it just mean that the author of the game didn't cared to read Patreon Terms of Service, or didn't cared what they say, and that they haven't been reported (yet) for having banned content.

Secondly, how the patch (lewd patch) works, should I write a script with addressing a landlady, instead of mom for example, or do I need to mention both terms, to be able to patch it?
Here again, there's a lot of threads on the subject here. Among many others :

What is the easiest solution for a screenplay?
To not make an incest game.
Not having to patch is always easier than anything else.