Ren'Py [Solved] $ renpy."fix_rollback"() - Disable Code

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
$ renpy."fix_rollback"()
The old command that is ever recurring in some games!

Might be just me - but....Dam!
Usually its just in one file - scripts.rpy for example - and I can use the notepad++ find and replace - # - method.

Is there a better way, method or script that can be used to disable, neuter, or remove that "added game feature"?
Especially when the $ renpy."fix_rollback"() is in MANY game files and also in "extra" game folders.
Fairly taxing to search through all of them - even using the "search all" (not sure that is the correct command) function?

Thanks

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
$ renpy."fix_rollback"()
Is there a better way, method or script that can be used to disable, neuter, or remove that "added game feature"?

Never tested for this particular case, but there's no reason for this to not works:
Code:
init python:
    def myFix_rollback():
        return

renpy.fix_rollback = myFix_rollback
Put it in the generic rpy file where you put all your little fixes, and no more fixed rollbacks.

Edit: Oops, it's part of my own little fixes, so I confirm that it works without problem since more or less two years.

Reactions: Twistty

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Ps.
"it's part of my own little fixes"
How many "little fixes" do you have"
Really curious :unsure:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Ps.
"it's part of my own little fixes"
How many "little fixes" do you have"
Really curious :unsure:
I really don't know (hell, I even forgot that I had this one). Probably around tenth that I still use time to time. The chance for me to have a little fix for something is proportional to the annoyance of what is fixed :D

Reactions: Twistty