Daz [SOLVED] Skin Rendering issue

macintosh76

May 20, 2021
Hi,

I am seeing those artifacts pop on the skin of my model, do you know where it is coming from? (500 iterations render with iray)

Thanks.

scene-1-anal-003.png

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Hmmm, I suggest hide everything on the female character ( hair and clothes ), then do a spot render and see if you still have the issue. As for the male's forehead, in the scene tab click his hair and in the parameters tab search for "forehead" and look for forehead-width and forehead depth, set the both to 5 and that might fix the issue with his head. I'd have thought for the female the issue might be her hair clipping from the back but it doesn't really look like it is, hard to say without seeing the back.

macintosh76

May 20, 2021
Damn, you are a genius! spot on, something wrong with the hair. When I removed it, it's clean again.

I haven't found the forehead parameters though, I am also using an add-on hair for the male, will keep looking.

Thanks!

macintosh76

May 20, 2021
Did a test render and it's fully fixed now. If someone has the same problem using dforce hair, just disable the visibility of the hair cap...

scene01-100.png

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Ah glad you fixed it :) not all hairs have the forehead settings sadly, but if you ever get clipping like that, I'd say most of the times it's probably hair causing it :p