• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others [SOLVED] Textbox size, Font Size, Line Breaks

SpikeSpiegeru

Aug 7, 2019
I really like Caryo's games and I was making some attempts to translate, and also adapt some things in the game's interface.
I used "Extractdata" to extract the files from "data.sp3" to a folder with the same name (it's a light, 80mb file).
"ちきゅうのへそ" is the name of the game (but when I finish this, I intend to translate other Caryo games).

3.jpg 4.jpg

I don't know about a lot of script editing, so I was parked in the text alignment part of the dialog box.
I enlarged the image corresponding to the area of the dialog, but the effective area, in itself, I do not know how to enlarge.
The text remains in that restricted space.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

1 - I would like to know how to do to increase the extent of text alignment, so that it aligns with the dialog box as a whole, without being centered.
How do I find the file where the text alignment settings are, and which script should I edit?

2 - I also noticed that, even adding the command "[r]" as "line break" in the dialog file, there is a limit of 4 lines that can exist inside the text box. How to increase the number of lines within the dialog box in the game?

3 - How to edit the font size of the dialogs?

Last edited:

SpikeSpiegeru

Aug 7, 2019
Answering myself :p:

The answer to the third question was found.
The font size can be modified in the "config.tjs" file (inside located in the "data / system" directory).
Specifically in the command below:

The default size is 20.
It can be changed to up to 14 (less than that, you will need to force your eyes to be able to read).

With more updates, i will post here.
See you later

SpikeSpiegeru

Aug 7, 2019
It appears that the text box is configured to accept only the number of lines that fit, in height, within the limits of the box.
But of course, my dear Watson...

So I did the following procedure:
I set the font size to 16 (small, but satisfactorily readable), added the command to the dialog file ("[r]") to add a fifth line, and ... voilá ...
A fifth line came up.
Note:
I also found the command to cast a shadow on texts.
Now there is no longer a need for a semi-transparent text box hindering the CG view.

-------------

The commands to be edited within the "config.tjs" file are:
1 - Font size:

2 - Display of the shadow:

1 - In charge "defaultFontSize = 20", change the value "20" for another value that you like best (personal opinion: size 17 is already good).
2 - In charge "defaultShadow = false", change "false" to "true" to show text shadow in game.

The last thing left now is the command to extend the boundary of the text box.
But now I'm sleepy.
Until tomorrow, people.

Last edited:

SpikeSpiegeru

Aug 7, 2019
I searched, tried, changed, tested, but I couldn't find how to do it.

The only thing I wanted to do is to extend the space so that the text can occupy most of the length of the game screen (of course limited to the original height of the textbox).

If anyone knows how to edit the text alignment within the dialog box, the command (and what file it is in), for that specific game, I ask you to help me.
I would be very grateful.

Thank you very much.

SpikeSpiegeru

Aug 7, 2019
The configuration was in the file "data\scenario\macros.ks"
...and not in "data\system\config.tjs", as thought before.

Called "EventMessageWindow", it is located on line 74 of the "macros.ks" file.

With the textbox image taking up the entire width of the screen, the guidelines "marginl=20 margint=450 marginr=1 marginb=1" are adequate to fit more text inside the box (in this particular game).

Now you can make better use of the textbox space without necessarily needing to decrease the font size.