Some download links are too slow, why?

Jaguarmen69

Apr 12, 2022
Links like Mixdrop, Workupload and UploadHeaven are always some of the slowest downloading links I encounter here, when they are the only options for some games I prefer not to download at all cause of that, why is this? This is a genuine noob question, do I need to download like a extra tool so I can bypass the limit those website has? Or something like that? Or maybe this is just the way it is? Just to be sure, it's not my Internet problem, I'm pretty sure about that.

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
There are a number of reason s why downloads may be slowed, it is always best to have a backup or two in these cases. You can use a free download manager and / or a torrent client. There is dl.rpdl.net which hosts torrent links for games here and has great seeds and they are awesome at getting the latest updates fast.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Meaning Less

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Links like Mixdrop, Workupload and UploadHeaven are always some of the slowest downloading links I encounter here, when they are the only options for some games I prefer not to download at all cause of that, why is this?
Why do we have fog today?;)

It may have one or more of this as a reasons:
  • Their ToS (Term of service) and simple limit free download to 50 Kb or so
  • Their infrastructure is not up to the task to provide enough bandwith to their users
  • Some routing is a bottleneck
  • The don't paid (enough) to another company to have a fast handover to their network, enough bandwith or high priority in their routing
This is a genuine noob question, do I need to download like a extra tool so I can bypass the limit those website has? Or something like that? Or maybe this is just the way it is? Just to be sure, it's not my Internet problem, I'm pretty sure about that.
You can try some download manager (as written above already) or get a registered or paid account.
Registered account have, generally, a few advantage over free accounts (longer file lifetime, bigger allowed file size, faster download/upload, higher priority than free users), downside is, they new all things you need to fill out about you.
Paid accounts are allmost the same as registered account. You, generally, have a "somehow" guaranteed download speed and bandwith per month and other benefits too (see above).

Then, as written above, their is site, who is a torrent site that have almost all games that the zone have. The benefit is, it is a torrent site wiith all advantage of a torrent site. The drawback is, it is a torrent site, with all the disadvantage of a torrent site.

It also exist the zone owns experimental donor direct download service, though only avaiable for donors.